Advanced search

Who do you see if...

(5 Posts)
puffyeyedsugarmonster Wed 03-Jul-19 20:55:41

You broke your ankle 5 years ago and the swelling has pretty much never gone away? It's really puffy and fluidy around the joints and aches sometimes.

No point bothering the GP and I'm happy to pay but do I go to a physio, a sport massage, something else?

I really hate it!

OP’s posts: |
TheVeryHungryTortoise Thu 04-Jul-19 08:33:47

Have you had any further scans to check that the fracture has resolved? Personally I'd want a orthopedics referral which you could do privately or through your GP.

But if you don't want to take that route I'd suggest a physiotherapist rather than a sports therapist.

puffyeyedsugarmonster Thu 04-Jul-19 15:13:24

Not since 5 years ago when the cast came off. I just assumed as it was so long ago the doctor wouldn't be bothered 🤔

OP’s posts: |
Marylou2 Thu 04-Jul-19 15:30:51

I think your GP would definitely be bothered. How awful for you to have suffered for all those years. I'm sure they'll refer you for investigations.

TheVeryHungryTortoise Thu 04-Jul-19 21:57:56

I work at a GP and I see very similar things to this quite often. They always get referred on. If your GP isn't bothered ask for a second opinion with a different GP.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »