Talk

Advanced search

Hysterectomy, bladder tape, anterior/posterior repair

(2 Posts)
Seaweed42 Fri 05-Jul-19 01:09:47

I had an anterior repair. You won't want anything tight on your tummy for a while so aim to wear a loose dress and/or comfy leggings afterwards for a while. It's a bit of a shock coming home from hosp, as you feel about age 85 shuffling into the loo the first couple of days. But you improve a lot week to week. The sofa will be your best friend for at least 2 weeks.
The cure will seem worse than the disease for a while, but it will be worth it for the improvement in quality of life. Best of luck with it. They do these ops every day of the week.

tanmomusa1 Wed 03-Jul-19 20:44:19

Has anyone had all 3 of these done, and if so does anyone have any secret survival tips?
I'm having a Lap hysterectomy - leaving behind my ovaries only,
Bladder TOT sling and front/back vaginal repair done in a week or so and I'm terrified to be honest, I feel like I could cope with one of those procedures, but 3 in one swoop is scaring the bejesus out of me.
I'm also not having this done in my home country which just adds to my anxiety.
anything I should buy/ put in place now to help with the recovery, any particular tips to get through it,
I will have help at home,

I haven't even begun to process the emotional side of it, but to be practical I'd like to be prepared as possible
I have bought a abdominal support band, maternity style pads, tena blush large comfy pants, stool softeners, peppermint tea, anything else?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in