Talk

Advanced search

Hysterectomy, bladder tape, anterior/posterior repair

(2 Posts)
tanmomusa1 Wed 03-Jul-19 20:44:19

Has anyone had all 3 of these done, and if so does anyone have any secret survival tips?
I'm having a Lap hysterectomy - leaving behind my ovaries only,
Bladder TOT sling and front/back vaginal repair done in a week or so and I'm terrified to be honest, I feel like I could cope with one of those procedures, but 3 in one swoop is scaring the bejesus out of me.
I'm also not having this done in my home country which just adds to my anxiety.
anything I should buy/ put in place now to help with the recovery, any particular tips to get through it,
I will have help at home,

I haven't even begun to process the emotional side of it, but to be practical I'd like to be prepared as possible
I have bought a abdominal support band, maternity style pads, tena blush large comfy pants, stool softeners, peppermint tea, anything else?

OP’s posts: |
Seaweed42 Fri 05-Jul-19 01:09:47

I had an anterior repair. You won't want anything tight on your tummy for a while so aim to wear a loose dress and/or comfy leggings afterwards for a while. It's a bit of a shock coming home from hosp, as you feel about age 85 shuffling into the loo the first couple of days. But you improve a lot week to week. The sofa will be your best friend for at least 2 weeks.
The cure will seem worse than the disease for a while, but it will be worth it for the improvement in quality of life. Best of luck with it. They do these ops every day of the week.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »