Talk

Advanced search

Thyroid tests - help interpreting results

(2 Posts)
Pitapotamus Tue 02-Jul-19 20:05:53

My tsh is normal at 1.3 and my ft4 is apparently 13.9. I think the reference range is 9-24. I’m currently on 75 Levothyroxine.

I feel horrendous and I had these tests to see if I needed a dose adjustment. Based on my symptoms the GP said I definitely would so she ran the test. Now the tests have come back normal she says it’s not the thyroid and she is just calling it unexplained fatigue.

It’s so bad that I’m struggling to cope with normal life, knackered, frequently tearful, can’t lose weight, cold at times even during this heatwave, irritable. Is there anything in these results which points towards the thyroid being a problem?

If not, then what? I can’t just put it down to this being my life and I have to put up with it. Any suggestions welcome.

OP’s posts: |
Woliverine Tue 02-Jul-19 20:40:13

It’s so bad that I’m struggling to cope with normal life, knackered, frequently tearful, can’t lose weight, cold at times even during this heatwave, irritable

Sorry you're feeling so rubbish Pita. I agree with your GP your thyroid tests are in the normal range. There are lots of causes of these symptoms besides abnormal thyroid function.
What age are you? Could you be peri-menopausal?
How is your mood? Are you more stressed/busy/anxious of late? Fatigue can also be a symptom of depression, anxiety or other mental health problems.
It sounds counterintuitive but exercise can be a good cure for tiredness and also boosts your mood.
Did your GP check other bloods too, iron stores for example or just thyroid?
Hope you're feeling better soon
thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »