Talk

Advanced search

TMI.... lumps in vagina after childbirth

(4 Posts)
Pepperwand Mon 01-Jul-19 14:29:36

Sorry for the TMI. My DC2 is 6 weeks, he was a big baby and came quickly so I had a cervical prolapse immediately after his birth. Saw the midwife in week 2 or 3 who confirmed it had gone back to how it was before. Saw the GP the other day for my 6 week postnatal check and she took a look at my stitches and confirmed the skin had all healed. So today I thought I'd have a check that I couldn't feel my cervix and the prolapse was indeed gone which it does seem to be. However I've got two small lumps inside my vagina that definitely weren't there before. I was immediately quite worried but from having a quick Google they do mention that you can get vaginal cysts after childbirth. I actually had a vaginal cyst surgically removed in the past although that was further up so I couldn't feel it and was only detected at a smear test. I don't know whether I should get it checked out by a GP or just leave it and keep monitoring them so I can pick up any changes. I'll be having a smear test in 6 to 8 weeks so maybe I should wait until then? I don't want to waste anyone's time but I also don't want to leave it if it could be anything more serious. I feel totally well otherwise.

OP’s posts: |
gamerchick Mon 01-Jul-19 14:31:19

Are you sure they're lumps and not poo going down your rectum?

Pepperwand Mon 01-Jul-19 15:18:54

Hmm they definitely feel like lumps, sort of hard and about the size of a pea? I suppose a bit like a smooth skin tag if I was trying to describe it!

OP’s posts: |
NoSauce Mon 01-Jul-19 17:32:02

Sounds like tags from being stitched OP.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »