Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cramp last night and leg still hurts - advice please

(9 Posts)
weebleswobble Thu 26-Jul-07 21:13:12

I had cramp in my calf at 4 this morning. It still hurts and I can't walk properly. Stretching is difficult because I have osteo-arthritis in my knee and I can't flex my foot and push my knee flat enough to get a good stretch in it.

I've tried massaging the calf but it's not helped.

Any help would be appreciated TIA.

weebleswobble Thu 26-Jul-07 21:23:31

Anyone? before my leg drops off (never one to over-react obviously)

sparkler Thu 26-Jul-07 21:28:45

I'm not in any way medically qualified but I think if you were me I would hold off until tomorrow. When I've had cramp my calf has felt quite sore for some time.
I have had calf pain before and it went on for a week or more. I went to my doctor and I was sent to the emergency DVT clinic at my hospital (deep vein thrombosis). I had to have clexane injections in my stomach as a precaution in case I had a clot and had to have them for a few days until an appointment was available for me to have an ultrasound scan. Fortunately, all turned out to be clear and within a few days the pain in my leg had gone.
Don't worry too much but if you are concerned you must go and see your GP. Best to be safe than sorry.

weebleswobble Thu 26-Jul-07 21:34:20

Thanks for the reply Sparkler. I'm sure it's nothing more than cramp, but can't stretch it out because of my knee problems. Perhaps I'll just reach for the alcohol to take my mind off it.

Beauregard Thu 26-Jul-07 21:42:05

Whenever i have had cramp in my calf muscles it always hurts for a few days afterwards.

pinkyminky Thu 26-Jul-07 21:44:25

ouch! I get cramp, and a bad one will leave you sore for a while. Sometimes running the shower on the area quite hot can relieve it, but not sure what to suggest given your arthritis.

taxidriver Thu 26-Jul-07 21:54:09

hjave you been wearing higher heels or something.
i came off pill due to cramp in calf.
hey presto DS arrived!

weebleswobble Thu 26-Jul-07 21:58:38

No high heels for this old crock taxidriver I've enough trouble walking in flats.

Can't have a shower tonight because dp painted the bathroom ceiling, but a water bottle would probably do the same thing. I've just got to remember where I put it

sparkler Sun 29-Jul-07 19:16:22

How's your leg now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now