Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MMR Alternatives?

(10 Posts)
sleepfinder Thu 26-Jul-07 17:45:47

We're coming up for the MMR time. My DP wants us to go the single shot route. I found out that means SIX injections instead of one. The local GP won't provide them and the nearest private practice say they don't think they can order them in.

Has anyone done this alternative and how?

Personally I think I'm going to work harder on DP to pursuade him MMR and ONE shot in the poor little blighter is quite enough...

sleepfinder Thu 26-Jul-07 17:55:22

bump

anyone?

RubySlippers Thu 26-Jul-07 17:56:05

i am sure if you search the archives on single vaccines you will find information

puffylovett Thu 26-Jul-07 17:57:27

hi there, i personally have chosen not to vaccinate at this time, however i know that the MMR shots are available singly, but you do have to pay a high premium for them. I can direct you to a place near manchester if that's your area, if not the best thing to do is google - i found a clinic in bath offering them singly. hope this helps

sleepfinder Thu 26-Jul-07 17:59:42

thanks Puffy - I'm in Twickenham but will google as you suggest.

Roobie Thu 26-Jul-07 18:00:58

We gots ours for £360 via a pricate clinic in Eltham, SE London. It's just three shots unless you decide to go for the 'boosters' which we are not. We may go for the MMR when they are older.
As said, there's loads of stuff in the archives about the arguments for and against - probably too much really, you're head will be spinning!

alipigwidgeon Thu 26-Jul-07 18:12:12

sleepfinder - look at direct remedies. I went with them and the Dr there advised just to have the first lot singly and then at 5 go for the MMR booster which is what I have done with ds1. They're based in Sunbyr "Look at this page. Would be 300 for the three. They were extremely professional and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

alipigwidgeon Thu 26-Jul-07 18:12:45

That would be Sunbury btw!!!!

sleepfinder Thu 26-Jul-07 18:16:30

Thanks everyone. I scanned the health threads but didnt find any MMR ones. I will have to learn how to search the archives...

pistachio Thu 26-Jul-07 18:32:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now