Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

orange inhaler

(4 Posts)
moljam Thu 26-Jul-07 14:42:47

can anyone explain why this is different to brown one,is it stronger?

littleboo Thu 26-Jul-07 14:44:21

probably different medication, what are they called?

fruitymum Thu 26-Jul-07 15:18:26

The orange one is likely called Flixotide(Fluticasone) an inhaled steroid used for prophylaxis of asthma symptoms, the brown ones are generally Budesonide or Beclomethasone also an inhaled steriod. ~BOth work int he same way but Flixotide is a bit newer and generally effective at lower doses. Hope this helps

moljam Fri 27-Jul-07 11:04:39

fruitymum yes its flixotide.and amazingly after having it last night he slept the best hes done in weeks-many coincedence but who cares!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now