Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DP having snip tomorrow...

(13 Posts)
feelingguiltynow Wed 25-Jul-07 22:07:07

Anyone else's dp been through this recently? Any advice for a quick recovery? Am feeling a bit bad for him now, although I obviously want him to do it!

Pan Wed 25-Jul-07 22:13:30

He'll be fine. Make sure he is well-shaved on the under-carriage. Tis painless, but very sensitive for a couple of days. And usually they insert disolvable stitches. All takes about 15-20 mins.

Fireflyfairy2 Wed 25-Jul-07 22:16:03

A friend of DH's had it done & was back at work afer a couple of days.

Give him plenty of arnica which will help with the bruising & pain.

<trying to convince dh that 2 is enough...but he isn't easily convinced>

feelingguiltynow Wed 25-Jul-07 22:16:08

Thanks for replying. The paperwork he was sent said no need to shave. How long will he need to rest for afterwards?

Pan Wed 25-Jul-07 22:18:15

that's good. shaving a scrotum in "hatches battened down mode" is.. ermm...tricky.

NorbertStanleyFletcher Wed 25-Jul-07 22:19:17

as much rest as poss for the next 48 hours

It helps really - even if he feels fine straght afterwards. Make him sit down for 2 days

feelingguiltynow Wed 25-Jul-07 22:38:59

Getting him to do nothing for a few days will not be a problem - the problem will be me putting up with him doing nothing if he seems fine! But I have heard that if they rest as instructed the bruising etc will not be so bad, so I'll have to be patient!

UCM Wed 25-Jul-07 22:42:46

My DH had it last Wednesday. He was a poorly soul for a few days. When he told my why, I understood. Lots of his friends just went back to their jobs, sport driving within 48 hours and suffered dreadfully from infections and just swollen bollocks

DH is very fit, but argued the point, if I stay away from problems etc, I will not suffer.

I could see he logic but came on here and vented frequently.

He can drive today. Thank fuck.

2 C/sections later, I was like what the fuck are them 2 little stitches, you total & utter cunt (in my head of course), but hey.

feelingguiltynow Wed 25-Jul-07 22:44:58

Thanks for all the info.

Now I'm wondering, what do we say to the dcs? Why is Daddy off work and going to the doctors, and then lounging around the house?

UCM Wed 25-Jul-07 22:50:35

Oh thats the next bit, we told DS that daddy had a sore leg. But DS went to the loo with Daddy and saw blood and gave him one of my towels which I think is positively wrong. But bless him, he knew what to do. So after Daddy refused the towel, DS said do you want a plaster and daddy said no, and it went on and on until daddy lifted his penis and showed DS the cut.

DS was very subdued and never hurt DH after that by headbutting, rough play or anything. He kept telling everyone. Daddy can't walk as he has a sore willy.

Tell the truth. Our bakers, Newsagent, Milkman, Childminder, Neighbours, people in the park, everyone who phones.

Daddy has a sore willy.

feelingguiltynow Wed 25-Jul-07 22:55:37

Well, perhaps we'll try the sore leg story first.

NorbertStanleyFletcher Wed 25-Jul-07 23:14:53

Really - rest him. DH got eppidimitis a few weeks later. Cos he played footy and got hit by a ball <hehehehe>

Then he was neither use not ornament, but a complete drain - it was horrid for him and horrid for me

mankyscotslass Thu 26-Jul-07 07:23:08

DH had his just over a year ago. Believe it or not it took 11 months to get the all clear on his samples....they were talking about re-doing it.
He definetely needed rest, was off work for 2 weeks, but mainly because the tugging down there ended up with him having a hernia too. Had the op for that 3 mths later!
He showed our DS the stitches and we both explained daddy had some cuts near his willy, the kids were quite good actually. Same as a pp, they told everyone daddy had a sore willy and balls!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now