Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd2 seems to have well they look a little like skin tags or pus filled spots..........

(23 Posts)
Trinityrhino Wed 25-Jul-07 18:23:27

in her underarm

one is about 4mms and the others, maybe 20 are only 1mm

very raised, not red

what the hell are they?

iota Wed 25-Jul-07 18:24:03

could be the dreaded molluscum

gess Wed 25-Jul-07 18:24:09

molluscum

Wisteria Wed 25-Jul-07 18:24:17

do they look like blisters or red moles?

princessmel Wed 25-Jul-07 18:24:19

There's a name for this. its a fungal infection. Spreads but goes in the end.

Someone will know.

princessmel Wed 25-Jul-07 18:24:33

Thats it, molluscum.

Trinityrhino Wed 25-Jul-07 18:24:34

what on earth is molloscum?

bundle Wed 25-Jul-07 18:25:28

do they have a flattish top, with a slight dimple?

like these?

iota Wed 25-Jul-07 18:25:55

see here

gess Wed 25-Jul-07 18:26:14

they spread, they hang around for ages then they go. big discussions centre around whether you can swim with them or not (some drs say yes some say no). I have a nuch of clarins stuff that's meant to get rid of them (but didn't!) Homeopathy helped ds3, they flared up and burst after it.

iota Wed 25-Jul-07 18:26:27

do not google images if you have just had your tea

Trinityrhino Wed 25-Jul-07 18:26:36

wisteria, I did actuaally think they looked like the raised mole I have when I first saw them

they are light pinky and the big one looks like a blister but also like a skin tag IYSWIM

TranquilaManana Wed 25-Jul-07 18:27:28

a self limiting virus.
adults can have em frozen off, but docs dont do it to small people coz it hurts and theyll go away evcentually anyway.
harmless.

there are many threads on it. and some descriptions of alternative cures... tea tree oil and the like... one of mine had them once... and (cant beleive it but) i cant remmeber the conclusion! he doesnt have them now tho.
ho hum.,

Wisteria Wed 25-Jul-07 18:29:45

Think it's from same family as warts, go on their own eventually but docs will freeze or burn them off if you ask. It does hurt but only for a split second.

bundle Wed 25-Jul-07 18:29:56

dd2's started to hurt her a lot and they bled. so gp gave her some cream (can't remember the name but it's used for genital warts in adults and has to be used v sparingly - they went in a week)

Trinityrhino Wed 25-Jul-07 18:31:34

THANKS GUYS [SMILE]
QUITE GROSS BUT REASSURING [SMILE]

i JUST SAW THEM AFTR BATHTIME AND STARTED YO PANIC IT WAS SERIOUS

ooops soory one handed crap typing

TranquilaManana Wed 25-Jul-07 18:47:43

no worries, oh unsupported booby lady

at least youve got some, mutter mutter...

Trinityrhino Wed 25-Jul-07 19:15:18

roffle tranq

MaureenMLove Wed 25-Jul-07 19:19:40

dd had those. Doctor said 'oh that's molluscum, don't worry about them, they'll go in about a year!

Trinityrhino Wed 25-Jul-07 19:21:47

I must say I was a little shocked and upset that they are here to stay for that long
and how many more will she get??

Gobbledigook Wed 25-Jul-07 19:24:09

Yep, ds1 had his for about year. Just had 3 on his chest then towards the end a few cropped up further down on his body and on his face but after the first ones on his chest popped, the others went fairly quickly. It was pretty much 12 months.

MaureenMLove Wed 25-Jul-07 19:26:24

The doctor did say he could lance them with an orange stick! DD decided that she would put up with them, but tbh, they were right in the middle of her back, kinda bra strap level and I ended up lancing them myself. They were awful and it took a few weeks because they kept filling up again. She could even sit back, bless her. As long as they don't get infected, she should be ok, its actually a lot more common than you think.

Gobbledigook Wed 25-Jul-07 19:28:41

If htey are somewhere that's usually covered, like ds's were, they don't spread too much until one bursts. As I say, once ds's started to burst, even the new ones that cropped up after disappeared very quickly. It's as though the body takes a year to realise the damn things are there before fighting them off!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now