Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

If I now turn my self in to social services, what happens?

(51 Posts)
BitingGold Wed 25-Jul-07 14:39:01

I am not coping. I am not handling this at all. I have been pushed to the limit of what any human being can handle, and now I am losing it.

If I call social services now, will they try and help me, or take my kids away?

lullamay Wed 25-Jul-07 14:40:26

please start with your GP/ health visitor.

meandmy Wed 25-Jul-07 14:40:35

talk to your hv or contact surestart or homestart they can help with everything, taking training housework time from dc's

FioFio Wed 25-Jul-07 14:40:38

Message withdrawn

BitingGold Wed 25-Jul-07 14:41:35

I am in a crisis NOW, I fear for my mental health beyond belief just now, I am not talking future planning even. I also fear for my kids safety around me just now.

greensleeves Wed 25-Jul-07 14:43:18

Can you talk about what the problems are, BitingGold? It might help you organise your thoughts a bit, and help you think about what you'd like to say when you do approach your HV/GP.

FioFio Wed 25-Jul-07 14:43:37

Message withdrawn

BitingGold Wed 25-Jul-07 14:43:41

I never thought I would come to breaking point. Things have been getting worse and worse, the burdens placed upon me heavier and heavier. And now, today, the kids have been made to suffer.

NAB3 Wed 25-Jul-07 14:44:29

Talk to us. SOmeone might be able to help.

Carnoodleusfudge Wed 25-Jul-07 14:46:01

Biting Gold - I read your earlier thread about DH.

Is there absolutely no-one who can have DC for a couple of hours- neighbour - anyone? Explain - you will be suprised by the kindness of "strangers".

Get to your GP now - emergency appointment. Take no shit from the receptionist.

Yes - you are struggling but you've put up your hand for help - go get it. You need support and time to get yourself together.

Your GP is the place to start - SS is a last resort.

BitingGold Wed 25-Jul-07 14:46:54

I am usually a very capable person. Two kids, running our own company, doing heaps of voluntary work, (ok maybe I need to cut down on that now), but my own recent health problems, added together with an immense pressure at work, and I am left a shivering crying wreck with so much to do, and so little time to do it in, and both kids around me wrecking the house as I try and pack to go away, clean up after house guests, work issues I need to sort before going, and I am not handling it. Tried to be supermum, am exhausted and overstretched.

BitingGold Wed 25-Jul-07 14:48:27

I now have a concerned little boy hugging me asking me if there is anything he can do, my heart is breaking.

I have nobody who can take the kids, not even for 30 minutes. I have no famliy nearby. No neighbour who can.

BitingGold Wed 25-Jul-07 14:49:36

and the worst part? I am scared that when my husband DO come home, he will film the house, film me in tears, divorce me and get custody, or something. Just because HE has added the burdens so much...

hazygirl Wed 25-Jul-07 14:49:40

try any one but social services,have had their help/life ruined for a while ,someone will help you ,health visitors are brill support,and things will get better

NAB3 Wed 25-Jul-07 14:49:43

Where are you????

hazygirl Wed 25-Jul-07 14:50:49

is there no one near by

Carnoodleusfudge Wed 25-Jul-07 14:51:13

When I previously read you other thread I was not surprised you were having a bad day - cleaning up after house guests whilst getting ready to go on holiday...

can you get the kids going something together and contained - fling on TV? Bowl of washing up?

Don't worry about the house - it is not going anywhere. What is the most important thing to do - pack for tomorrow - make a list.

Give the kids a very early night too.

NoNickname Wed 25-Jul-07 14:51:17

There are MNers all across the country...

Kewcumber Wed 25-Jul-07 14:51:25

yes where are you bitinggold - there must be someone nearby who can help.

Fireflyfairy2 Wed 25-Jul-07 14:51:57

Aren't you supposed to be going on holidays tomorrow bitinggold?

Carnoodleusfudge Wed 25-Jul-07 14:52:01

Dh wold not get cutody just because the children are crying and the house is a mess...

moljam Wed 25-Jul-07 14:52:19

how old are your children?

Carnoodleusfudge Wed 25-Jul-07 14:52:35

Where are you?

wildwoman Wed 25-Jul-07 14:54:03

Don't beat yorself up BitingGold, put a film on for the kids,shut the door behind them and chat to us with a cuppa whileyou relax for a bit. (that's what I've just done!)

Spidermama Wed 25-Jul-07 14:55:09

You need a couple of hours off BitingGold. What area are you in? If there are no MNers nearby who can help, perhaps one of us could try to find a childminder who could do a couple of hours in an emergency.

You sound completely exhausted and overwhelmed. You've been brought to your knees. Don't try to struggle on being supermum. Stop everything for a bit and allow yourself to bottom out.

It can be OK to cry in front of kids now and again. Especially if there's light at the end of the tunnel and they can see you recover.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: