Talk

Advanced search

Could this been a brain tumour?

(50 Posts)
Emptyspacex Wed 19-Jun-19 18:47:02

So for the last few weeks I've been getting blurry vision. It comes and goes and usually clears when i blink a few times. I used to have headache few times a week now only once a week I'd say. I've had a recent mri within the last year due to a blood clot in my brain. Apart from the blood clot which is now clear everything else is fine. Had a ct scan for a thunderclap headache in December and that came back clear. I used to get a dull achey pain in back of neck near base of skull but that seems to have died down. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? I'm worried it is a brain tumour but because of the recentish scan maybe not..

OP’s posts: |
Grainfail Wed 19-Jun-19 19:19:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Grainfail Wed 19-Jun-19 19:24:09

Sorry WASN'T blurry vision that should have said! So sorry if I've worried you even more now

WrongKindOfFace Wed 19-Jun-19 19:32:05

Hay fever or dry eyes? Book in to see the optician and see what they suggest?

Emptyspacex Wed 19-Jun-19 19:38:45

That's okay i didn't read your reply before it was deleted. Might go to opticians but i only went in December and was given a new prescription.

icecreamsundae32 Wed 19-Jun-19 19:50:25

Could you be anaemic? Have you had any blood tests taken lately? Thyroid issues or diabetes can cause vision issues/disturbances. Do you have any other symptoms?

Jon65 Wed 19-Jun-19 19:58:08

Migraine?

Emptyspacex Wed 19-Jun-19 20:22:09

Have had full bloods done. Had iron tablets for a little while then levels went up so i stopped them.

bilbodog Wed 19-Jun-19 20:31:47

I couldnt be floaters in your eyes could it? Quite common as you get older but might give blurred vision occasionally and then disappear?

Emptyspacex Wed 19-Jun-19 20:36:19

I have a floater caused by the blood clot. Suppose it could be damage from that.
Only 25 so hope it's not from age!

DangerMouse17 Wed 19-Jun-19 20:37:45

Most likely anaemia. If you have low iron it's not usually something you can just boost for a while and then stop, you've got to keep taking some sort of supplements

Emptyspacex Wed 19-Jun-19 20:42:13

I know i will start again now thanks, just gives me the runs all the time and a dodgy tummy! Hopefully that's the cause.

Leggyfrog Wed 19-Jun-19 20:42:34

Do some research on
Csf leak/ chiari malformation/Intracranial hypotension
- not sinister but needs treated if you do have a csf leak.
Should be seen on an mri though - thunderclap headache and blurred vision on standing are classic symptoms.

wineandsunshine Wed 19-Jun-19 20:45:56

Migraine???

Honeyplop Wed 19-Jun-19 20:49:17

Go to your gp...

Emptyspacex Wed 19-Jun-19 20:59:59

Other symptoms to add
Racing heart - treated with propranolol as apparently it's due to anxiety
Palpitations occasionally
Pins and needles really easily - simply lying on foot for few seconds or raising arms in the air.

The thunderclap headache only happened once in December and I had a ct scan because of it which was all clear.

If I had diabetes would this of shown up in a gestational diabetes test done last summer?

Been to go so many times they just keep saying anxiety/lack of sleep.

Emptyspacex Wed 19-Jun-19 21:28:31

Oh and I've had tinitus ever since the blood clot.

harajukubabe Wed 19-Jun-19 21:35:17

Have you considered a pro lapsed disc pressing on your nerves?

Emptyspacex Wed 19-Jun-19 21:39:56

I'm sorry to drip feed here..
Another symptom I get brain fog a lot, I forget things and do silly little things, I even get my words muddled up sometimes.

Emptyspacex Wed 19-Jun-19 21:42:30

Maybe.. I had an operation on a disc years ago for sciatica

Thesuzle Wed 19-Jun-19 21:45:02

IS the tinnitus in both ears ? If only in one, get back to the doctor I found out I have an acoustic neuroma, a tumour pressing on a nerve, bloody painful, the “headache” gets mistaken by doctor as a migraine etc.

EdWinchester Wed 19-Jun-19 21:47:20

My dh had a vestibular schwannoma, no pain, only tinnitus.

MummytoCSJH Wed 19-Jun-19 21:52:22

It could be any number of major or small fixable things. Please push for another MRI. Good luck x

Emptyspacex Wed 19-Jun-19 21:53:40

How can you tell which ear it is in? It feels and sounds like it's bang on in the middle of my head.

Emptyspacex Wed 19-Jun-19 22:01:03

Last time I went in saying I had a brain tumour they sent me away with amitriptyline.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »