Talk

Advanced search

HPV vaccine as an adult

(4 Posts)
Namechangeymcnamechange11 Wed 19-Jun-19 16:36:10

For those of us who are older and didn't get vaccinated at school - have you considered getting it as an adult or has anyone had it done given the links with cervical cancer?

OP’s posts: |
playitsam Thu 20-Jun-19 15:01:13

Hi, strangely enough I've just been looking into this, I know certain Boots stores offer it and have an online booking syston, it's £165 for each vaccine or £475 for all 3 (payment up front)
Maybe I'm just being over cautious as I don't know anyone else personally who has looked into this. The doctor I spoke to said I would have to have it done privately and they will not recommend anyone due to it not being offered on the NHS as I am 30.
Do you know anyone who is older that has had it?

Namechangeymcnamechange11 Fri 21-Jun-19 07:16:02

No,I don't know anyone our age who has, but then it's not really something that comes up in conversation! It was just a passing thought due to its links with cervical cancer that it even entered my mind!

OP’s posts: |
Luckystar1 Fri 21-Jun-19 07:18:36

I think by adulthood the likelihood is that you will already have come into contact with HPV (I think something like 80% of people have it), so the vaccine is redundant.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »