Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Update on Greensleeves' ds1

(8 Posts)
greensleeves Wed 25-Jul-07 11:12:51

have copied this in from other thread, which I never do, but this time I am Really Pissed Off

I called 999, described his condition, they sent an ambulance. The ambulance crew looked at him, asked him some questions, listened to his chest, measured his breathing volume/sats and said there was absolutely nothing wrong with him, I was imagining the tracheal tug, there was no wheeze at all, he's fine, etc etc. I said I would make an appt with the gp surgery in case he needed a nebuliser to be on the safe side. The paramedic smiled and said "look, there's really nothing happening, he certainly doesn't need a nebuliser".

I wasn't happy at all (I know how he normally looks/sounds fgs!!), so I made an emergency gp appt and took him along, bringing with me the sheet the paramedic had filled in saying there was nothing wrong with him. The GP took one look at him and said "no need to ask what you're here for, I can see he's wheezing and coughing". He examined him, noted intercostal recession and tracheal tug, listened to his chest and confirmed "widespread general wheeze" and immediately sent him for a nebuliser. It helped a lot - when the nurse took his breathing volume it was 130, whereas when the paramedic did it it was 75, which she said was fine!

The gp has told me to make a complaint, and he is going to do the same.

<fume>

Anyway, I have got to give him his inhalor every two hours today, and if he gets worse get him into hospital (which I will do by carting him off the the gp, so as not to be fobbed off by idiots again)

TooTicky Wed 25-Jul-07 11:17:05

How awful for both of you. Has be been asthmaticcy before?

FlameDelacour Wed 25-Jul-07 11:17:37

with you!!!

Magicmayhem Wed 25-Jul-07 11:18:19

Blimey sorry you've had a bad time of it... Asthma's scary isn't it... Hope your DS gets better soon...

whats a tracheal tug?

greensleeves Wed 25-Jul-07 11:19:01

Yes, one major attack with a night in hospital/steroids, but nothing since. I am so angry with that paramedic, she made me feel so small I nearly took her word for it, especially as dh was really coy about me phoning 999 in the first place - it doesn't help!

I am still not 100% myself, it never rains but it f*ing pours!!

TooTicky Wed 25-Jul-07 11:23:42

How is he emotionally before/during asthma? <sorry, wearing homoeopathy-style hat>

GibbonInARibbon Wed 25-Jul-07 11:29:58

Am for you greeny - hope both you and DS are feeling beter soon

Lullabyloo Wed 25-Jul-07 14:02:50

you poor things
& grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now