Talk

Advanced search

IBS sufferers unite!

(3 Posts)
Honeybee27 Sun 16-Jun-19 22:20:50

Just that really. Feeling totally fed up. My ibs isn't even that bad in comparison to some. As in my symptoms aren't constant and I can go through periods of feeling fine. But it's unpredictable and that's what I hate. Tonight for example my oh cooks a lovely Sunday roast and within minutes of eating it I'm dashing off to the loo. The unpredictability of it has made me really nervous of travelling and being in new places. The urge is sometimes so quick and desperate that if I don't know where a toilet is I panic which makes it even worse.

I should really push for more tests as ibs is just a very loose diagnosis given by an uninterested gp many years ago but because I go through periods where it's calm I always seem to put it off. Feel rotten tonight though.

What do you hate about ibs and how do you manage yours?

OP’s posts: |
Flossie44 Mon 17-Jun-19 10:48:27

Sorry you’re going through this too.

Yup I too have this. Mine predominantly is bloating and pain. I can have bouts of constipation and diarrhoea too. It’s draining. I’m fed up of the bloating. It’s definately worse in times of stress. Just what you need hey!!
Some days I can’t leave the bathroom.
Horrid.

Afternooninthepark Mon 17-Jun-19 15:02:03

The unpredictable nature of it is what gets to me the most. I’ve had it for 21 years and it’s shaped how I have lived my life. Can be fine one day and make plans etc then a week later I’ll feel like crap and want to cancel things and just lie in bed with a hot water bottle. It really rules my life and on top of it all I have to have a endoscopy and colonoscopy next month, argh! I am dreading that 😞

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »