Advanced search

Something is wrong with my bottom

(17 Posts)
Embarassingbumproblem Fri 14-Jun-19 21:39:23

Namechanged for obvious reasons! Apologies for graphic details.
I’ve got a bum problem-something that I guess should be on the inside (if at all) is coming out.
It feels like I need /haven’t finished a poo and is slightly stingy and annoying but not painful.

I can sort of push it back inside when I wipe my bum but it’s soon back again.

I don’t know if it’s piles or some sort of Prolapse. I have been slightly constipated recently which I think has brought it on.

I know I need to see gp but what do I say? I don’t think I can handle someone looking at/in my bum. I can’t even bring myself to have a proper look/feel. Help blush

OP’s posts: |
8FencingWire Fri 14-Jun-19 21:52:29

No need to be embarassed, it’s all part of the job.
Go and say just that, no need to be embarassed.

user1474894224 Fri 14-Jun-19 21:55:22

Sounds exactly like a pile. (Obviously I say that as a lay person) - have you tried treating it with anusol cream? It's magic stuff.

newmomof1 Fri 14-Jun-19 21:55:27

We freak out so much about these things but doctors see strangers bums every day of the week.
Get it checked OP x

AudacityOfHope Fri 14-Jun-19 22:05:31

Sounds exactly like piles. Go and get it seen, when I had it by day two I was climbing the walls with the pain. It was dreadful.

Embarassingbumproblem Fri 14-Jun-19 22:49:27

I think I’ll have to have a stiff drink before I go because the idea is mortifying me even though I know logically that they see this all the time. How will I look at them next time I take the kids for a check up?!

OP’s posts: |
Singlenotsingle Fri 14-Jun-19 22:54:54

Everyone's got a bum, even doctors. They probably have to look at each others.

Haworthia Fri 14-Jun-19 22:57:18

Please just let a GP look. It’s their job and they probably do examinations like that every day. They won’t remember you or judge you when you come back with your children, I promise you.

SimplySteveRedux Fri 14-Jun-19 23:00:53

Look up rectal tenesmus, and haemorrhoids/piles can cause it.

AudacityOfHope Sat 15-Jun-19 04:22:44

Not to be rude, but - grow up! You've had kids, surely plenty people have been in the region before. You've got a medical need, so get it dealt with. No doctor gives a fuck.

BusterGonad Sat 15-Jun-19 04:26:28

You've got kids? I'm guessing you gave birth to your kids? Surely having someone see you giving birth is worse than having a doctor take quick look at your bottom? I've had the old finger up the bottom thing, by a doctor before. It's quick, you're under a blanket, it's less invasive than a smear. It's literally 2 seconds. Job done.

BusterGonad Sat 15-Jun-19 04:27:40

@AudacityOfHope same thinking, cross post!

Embarassingbumproblem Sat 15-Jun-19 15:08:13

Oh I know (although I found all the examinations to do with that pretty traumatic too tbh)
I also have a non urgent issue I could do with seeing a gp about so it might be easier to raise them both at the same appointment.

OP’s posts: |
AudacityOfHope Sat 15-Jun-19 15:18:32

Go for it. Get some over the counter stuff in the meantime to see if it helps. The Pharmacist won't want to look at your bum grin

Ivegotthree Sat 15-Jun-19 15:20:56

I wouldn't bother the doc with a pile. Just get some stuff from the chemist.

Piles are horrid but (generally) they go away.

TheToxicCoccyx Sat 15-Jun-19 15:42:58

Sounds like a pile to me. I had them too. Try anusol, they should go in a bit.

AudacityOfHope Sat 15-Jun-19 16:10:17

It depends. My GP said mine would never have resolved with OTC stuff and gave me suppositories on prescription.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »