Talk

Advanced search

Little lump on face - anyone know what this is?

(16 Posts)
Aberforthsgoat Wed 12-Jun-19 18:07:31

I’ve just realised I have a little skin coloured bump on my face. I wasn’t sure how long it had been there so checked some pictures and think it’s been a couple of years confused
It’s not painful, doesn’t seem to have grown or changed shape but now I’m worrying about it. It looks too big to be a milia I think?
I’m going to get a doctors appointment ASAP but I’m on holiday soon so not sure if I can get in before then but naturally I am worrying about skin cancer now and wondered if anyone had anything similar?

OP’s posts: |
Aberforthsgoat Wed 12-Jun-19 20:57:56

Anyone?

TransFannyUltrasound Wed 12-Jun-19 21:02:29

I seem to have acquired a few of those on my face over the years.
I don’t know what they are. Annoying!
I’ll be intrigued to know what the dr tells you.

Aberforthsgoat Wed 12-Jun-19 21:07:50

I will be sure to post incense I’ve been! I think I’ve actually had it for ages and just not really noticed it as you can’t always see it depending on how bright the light is. I have health anxiety and someone I know just had a skin cancer scare so it’s just triggered it off again and I’ve latched on to this!

Aberforthsgoat Wed 12-Jun-19 21:09:17

Incense? Once!!! Weird autocorrect.

moreismore Wed 12-Jun-19 21:10:06

Have a look into the ABCD of suspicious skin lesions-this doesn’t tick any boxes. By all means have it checked but I really wouldn’t worry.

ChilliScallops Wed 12-Jun-19 21:10:56

Might be a senile wart. They can be frozen off. Not just for older people and aren’t warts...just the name of them!

LegoPiecesEverywhere Wed 12-Jun-19 21:11:05

I have a skin tag that looks like that. It could also be a deep rooted spot that can take months to pass. It doesn’t look worrying to me

BetterEatCheese Wed 12-Jun-19 21:16:45

I have a wart on my knee that looks like that.

Wolfiefan Wed 12-Jun-19 21:20:08

Maybe mention it to a pharmacist rather than a GP in the first instance?

Aberforthsgoat Wed 12-Jun-19 22:36:41

Thanks for the reassurance, I did a check on the abcd and couldn’t see that it matched anything.
I’ve had skin tags before but they’ve been more hanging if that makes sense? Something you can twist off with cotton - gross but effective.

I didn’t realise a pharmacist could help with something like this...

Hecateh Wed 12-Jun-19 22:43:03

Nothing to worry about.
My sister died of skin cancer so I have always had concerns for any skin changes but this is just a natural coloured mole or a small sebaceous cyst.

It has even, defined borders and is one (skin) colour. There is nothing about it that raises concerns

Aberforthsgoat Wed 12-Jun-19 22:54:29

@hecateh I am so so sorry for your loss and thank you so much for taking the time to post and reassure me, I really appreciate it

ForeverBaffled Thu 13-Jun-19 10:23:00

Oh I’ve got one of those on my leg and have for years. As others have said it has no markers for melanoma so am sure it’s nothing to worry about. As a fellow health anxiety suffered I know that heart sink feeling all too well flowers

Check with a GP and have a lovely holiday!

goose1964 Sun 16-Jun-19 09:43:28

I have 2 of these, the GP had a look as I was worried (I was already seeing him for someth else) and he was adama they were nothing to worry about

avocadochocolate Sun 16-Jun-19 11:46:14

I've got something like this on my shin. I did check it with the GP and she said it was nothing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »