Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

have lose feeling and stregth in my right hand

(12 Posts)
sparklygothkat Mon 23-Jul-07 21:14:13

It been like it all day, its all tingly (like pins and needles) and I can't grip my steering wheel well at all. Can't lift the kettle, a pan, or even a cup, without it really hurting. Not sure if its related to my pregnancy as I have also had major cramps in my legs.
What could it be??

SoupDragon Mon 23-Jul-07 21:15:09

Is it your Mouse Hand?

I think carpal tunnel syndrome can be linked to pregnancy actually.

sparklygothkat Mon 23-Jul-07 21:16:30

yes lol tis my mouse hand.. you saying I use Mn too much

sparklygothkat Mon 23-Jul-07 21:20:39

what is carpal tunnel syndrome, and do I need to see the GP??

GringottsGoblinsGoGobbling Mon 23-Jul-07 21:22:22

You and me both SGK. My mouse hand is weak.

It's something to do with pressure being put on tendons. My friend had it in pregnancy and needed a support thing on her hand.

GringottsGoblinsGoGobbling Mon 23-Jul-07 21:22:54

Oh blimey, now I'm going to be in trouble for posting HP spoilers on non-spoiler threads...

sparklygothkat Mon 23-Jul-07 21:24:51

I have no idea about HP, I haven't read the book, and am not interested, so you won't gte told off by me

Miaou Mon 23-Jul-07 21:28:51

This from the babycentre website:

"During pregnancy an increased supply of fluid to the extremities can cause swelling and pressure on the nerves and blood vessels which pass through the wrist canal, known as the carpal tunnel. As a result you may experience numbness, tingling, or pain in the hand and fingers and sometimes the arm. After pregnancy, the condition usually improves. "

And there is a link here to some exercises you can do to help alleviate it.

HTH!

Miaou Mon 23-Jul-07 21:30:44

Another link from the same site, does this sound like what you are experiencing, SGK?

sparklygothkat Mon 23-Jul-07 21:30:46

when I woke up, i thought i had just slept funny on my hand, but its carried on all day..

sparklygothkat Mon 23-Jul-07 21:33:02

thats it!! I will talk to my midwife on wednesday about it, am also seeing the consulant, so hopeful they will be able to help.

sparklygothkat Mon 23-Jul-07 21:41:10

Just taken my boots off and my feet have swollen too..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: