Talk

Advanced search

Worried sick

(10 Posts)
Presh12345 Mon 10-Jun-19 11:27:25

So I am a highly anxious person, always have been and always about my health. I went on holiday last week, a surprise as we were suddenly given a week off. On night 3 I had too much wine, not too much but more than normal. I convinced myself I had pancreatitis. Since coming home I have had a pain in my stomach. First it was in my side, then it was under my boobs, now it is in my back/sides. Logically I can think that I've caught a bug, I was in a hot and humid country, I was swimming so perhaps twisted myself, I was eating different food. Irrational me can only Google and see the bad things. I got myself in such a state last night with my husband that it was something more serious. The more I think about it, the more aware I am, the more tired I get. I am not sick, nauseous, losing weight, losing appetite, no diahorrea, no bleeding. Just tired and sore. Please help me sort out this anxiety.

OP’s posts: |
PenguinsRabbits Mon 10-Jun-19 11:37:33

Think its pretty common to have few aches and pains after / on holiday especially if you are drinking as well. Would be very surprised if its anything serious if you only have a bit of pain - anxiety alone can cause pains. Would try and distract yourself. You could go to GP, they should be able to refer you for help for anxiety and do a few checks for anything physical.

NoSauce Mon 10-Jun-19 14:11:57

Is it constant? Keep an eye on it and see your GP if it persists. Is it a sharp pain or a gnawing pain?

Oldmum55 Mon 10-Jun-19 15:33:41

Last year I got myself worked up in this kind of situation. After a mysterious virus my stomach was still playing up I could hardly eat and every time I weighed I lost something, when normally my weight is stubborn to shift. Anyway it eventually went and I was back battling with my weight but like yourself being an anxious sort of person I too thought of something like pancreatitis or worse. If it doesn't go see your GP just to put your mind at rest.

Presh12345 Mon 10-Jun-19 16:54:28

I was at the doc on Saturday for a routine other appt and i mentioned it to her. She didn't seem concerned at all. Told me it was probably something from the holiday, gave me a probiotic and sent me home. Me being me though, am beside myself.

NoSauce Mon 10-Jun-19 16:58:38

Do you have health anxiety?

fantasmasgoria1 Mon 10-Jun-19 17:31:42

I have awful health anxiety so I can empathise and sympathise. Its really debilitating at times. Go to your gp, make a specific appointment for this and tell them about your anxiety and the pains you have. I have been to the doctors several times because of it and they have always been understanding and reassuring.

Presh12345 Mon 10-Jun-19 17:37:21

Really bad health anxiety. I go through phases. Sometimes I am absolutely fine and other times I get the slightest twinge and it sets me off on a downward spiral. It's so crap.

Oldmum55 Mon 10-Jun-19 17:48:29

Presh I sympathise I've had health anxiety all my life. Like you I go through phases, it's got a bit better as I got older but when my kids were little I started obsessing about their health too.

NoSauce Mon 10-Jun-19 17:51:52

Ah I’m sorry OP. How’s your pain now, any better?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »