Talk

Advanced search

Stomach burn

(9 Posts)
namechange0123 Mon 10-Jun-19 01:51:44

Help! I am having colic on and off since 10 pm and my stomach is on fire. I have tried milk, sodium bicarbonate, gaviscon and buscopan and still crying in bed! Any other ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Titsywoo Mon 10-Jun-19 02:14:35

Where's the pain? Under your breasts in the middle? I find a hot water bottle held there helps a lot.

namechange0123 Mon 10-Jun-19 02:22:04

Yes in the middle, not right under my breasts, a little bit lower. That’s a good idea, thanks, will try it now

LiliesAndChocolate Mon 10-Jun-19 08:55:28

Hot bath, chamomile tea.

When my son was impacted, he felt the pain in his stomach but laxatives solved the problem

namechange0123 Mon 10-Jun-19 09:05:14

Thanks! I have managed to sleep a couple of hours and now need to survive at work with no coffee/tea - I feel better but my stomach is still all over the place and have the feeling that if I drink anything like that I'll burn alive!

Have chamomile tea at home, will grab it over lunch break, that might actually help.

Don't think I need laxatives, I had diarrhoea this morning confused will try the hot bath tonight with baby DS!

Thanks everyone smile

Titsywoo Mon 10-Jun-19 19:54:30

If it's high up it's not constipation is indigestion/acid reflux/gallstones. I get a combination of the above and it's agony when it's bad. Go see your GP and they will probably give you something like omeprazole for a month to settle your stomach down.

LiliesAndChocolate Mon 10-Jun-19 22:03:15

Do you take supplements? Fish oil for Omega 3 gives me horrendous cramping

namechange0123 Tue 11-Jun-19 05:04:23

I think in my case it's a combination of different things - I'm coming off antidepressants and low carbing, and stress has always had an effect on my stomach. I used to have diarrhoea before every exam and it still happens today before some meetings!

Oh and yes, I have started supplements since last period when I had almost passed out confused

LiliesAndChocolate Tue 11-Jun-19 05:53:16

I now take my supplements just before falling asleep, right when I turn off my light . If I take then during the day no matter when if morning lunch with or without food, I has severe side effect, taken before sleeping, none.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »