Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

right, i am getting scared now

(23 Posts)
cheeryface Mon 23-Jul-07 13:52:09

i have been getting this strange feeling in my head for 4 weeks now. i feel a sort of rise of pressure every so often, hard to describe but also headachey and heavy.
i feel nauseous too.

i keep taking paracetamol everyday.

i have had times where i have had a lot of headaches but this other sensation/ feeling is worrying me now and making me feel really tired.

i keep thinking that it's a brain tumour or something.

PestoMonster Mon 23-Jul-07 13:53:53

Go to the doctors, it might be something as simple as sinus congestion but personally I would go for peace of mind.

Speccy Mon 23-Jul-07 13:54:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cheeryface Mon 23-Jul-07 14:03:47

probably about 6 months since i had blood pressure checked, never had a problem with tuit though.
with sinus trouble would i be snotty??, coz i'm not

onlyjoking Mon 23-Jul-07 14:04:57

sounds like blood pressure to me. get it checked out.

meandmy Mon 23-Jul-07 14:07:34

most likely blood pressure!
have you been to have your eyesight checked its one of the first places to go when you get reaccurrent headaches

cheeryface Mon 23-Jul-07 14:07:51

forgot to say that sometimes i can here the blood pumping in my ears and since christmas i have had palpitations on occasion, don't know if thats connected though

cheeryface Mon 23-Jul-07 14:08:23

eyes are o.k. got new glasses about 12 months ago

Miaou Mon 23-Jul-07 14:10:03

cheeryface, if you take too many paracetamol (I don't mean over the recommended dose, but just if you take them very regularly) then they can actually cause headaches. This could possibly be the problem - becomes a viscious circle.

ChipButty Mon 23-Jul-07 14:13:11

GO TO THE DOCTOR'S! x

Magicmayhem Mon 23-Jul-07 14:15:27

I had something simular when I had sinus problems.. try sinutab instead of a paracetamol to see if you feel better...

cheeryface Mon 23-Jul-07 14:26:43

thanx, the kids are currently upstairs preparing a 'show' which includes playing madness very very loudly! That is not going to help lol!

my uncle died recently of a brain tumour and thats all can think of, i will probably have to wait for an appointment but i will ring.

CoteDAzur Mon 23-Jul-07 14:31:15

It might be sinuses and you don't get snotty at all until they decide to come down.

When you lower your head to your chest, does it feel like your face is about to fall down?

If not, it can still be a number of things. My mother once caught fungus from a pool she was frequenting at the time. Many months of pain and anxiety later, doctors realized the sinuses behind her eyes were all infected with this fungus. They cleared it out and she is fine.

I hope you feel better soon. And I second the motion that you should Go To A Doctor .

onlyjoking Mon 23-Jul-07 15:32:10

the blood pumping throu your ears makes the blood pressure most likely to me.
of course you are bound to worry about brain tumours because of your uncle.
my DH has a brain tumour he hasn't had the symptoms you described.
go to the doctors.

cheeryface Mon 23-Jul-07 16:10:55

sorry to hear that onlyjoking

macdoodle Mon 23-Jul-07 17:06:40

Ok hon if you are youngish which I guess you are it is highly unlikely to be something serious....a brain tumour is extremely unlikely and really tends not to present like this (public perception aside headaches etc are not common presentation of brain tumours)...equally blood pressure tends not to present like this (it has to be very high indeed for any serious symptoms)..
It is more likely to be something locally ears sinus etc
Anxiety and worry can make it worse vicious cycle
So saying go and see your GP - any half good one will do a good history and exam and maybe some blood tests to r/o anything serious why are you avoiding going it won't make it go away by itself!

onlyjoking Mon 23-Jul-07 18:52:22

listen to macdoodle, did you make an appointment?

lulabelle Mon 23-Jul-07 19:42:22

cheeryface, I'm almost certain that you have what I have - I could have wrote this last week, I was 100% convinced I had a brain tumour, I was taking ibuprofen and panadol and nothing would shift the headache, the throbbing was right round to the back of my neck, I've never had anyhting like that before. I too suffered waves of nausea and dizziness. Honestly, go and see GP, get some antibiotics and you will feel better in no time. I really can sympathise, I've felt really awful with it. Hope you feel better soon.x

lulabelle Mon 23-Jul-07 22:23:50

BUMP!

PrettyCandles Mon 23-Jul-07 22:40:04

Panic attack possibly?

Does also sound like it could be sinuses. You don't tend to get runny nose with sinus trouble, certainly not at the beginning. It can mmake you feel a bit disorientated.

Definitely go to your GP. If you need pr, try something other than paracetamol - eg ibuprofen or aspirin

cheeryface Mon 23-Jul-07 23:02:44

thanx everyone, going to the doctors tomorrow afternoon.

thinking it might be sinus trouble, i have had my head over a steaming bowl of water, afterwards i sneezed and everytime i clench my jaw since, get a sharp pain in the side of my forehead!

i have put off going to the doctors because i never find ours that good and seem to have a lot of minor complaints so don't want to look like a hypo!

kamikayzed Mon 23-Jul-07 23:18:42

kamikayzed Mon 23-Jul-07 23:21:33

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now