Talk

Advanced search

Chickenpox? And pregnancy

(4 Posts)
FunkyColdMedina19 Fri 07-Jun-19 10:41:33

Dd (2yrs) was sent home from nursery with a temp yesterday and we warned there is chickenpox currently doing the rounds. While she seems fine in herself, if a little whiney, she has had a high temp of near 40c. She has a very slight rash on her stomach/chest of very light spots but they're not raised. Also has some on her neck and around her mouth but they don't look like any chickenpox rashes I've googled.
She suffers with bad hayfever and the pollen count has been quite high round here the past few days so not sure if it's just that?

Also to complicate things, I'm around 9 weeks pregnant. I know chickenpox can be dangerous in pregnancy but is that only if you haven't had them before? I had chickenpox as a child so assumed I am immune. Nhs pages tend to contradict themselves on this point so not sure what I should do next.

Any advice welcome!

OP’s posts: |
FunkyColdMedina19 Fri 07-Jun-19 10:59:57

Anyone?

Mylittlepony374 Fri 07-Jun-19 11:03:19

My toddler also had chicken pox while I was pregnant. The maternity unit I was attending had taken bloods at first appointment that tested my immunity- I was immune so no further action needed. If you haven't yet had initial appointment maybe contact GP and get bloods. They told me if I bloods came back I wasn't immune they would give me something at time.

FunkyColdMedina19 Fri 07-Jun-19 11:16:09

My first appointment with midwife is monday so will contact gp's surgery today and see what they advise. I'm not even sure if it is chickenpox, hopefully not!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »