Talk

Advanced search

8 week old fussy since Vaccinations ?

(5 Posts)
baby3455666 Tue 04-Jun-19 18:58:31

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues? My 8 week old was given her first set of vaccinations 4 days ago and ever since she has been really clingy to the point I can't put her down , she completely refuses a bottle (which we usually give one at night) she's now completely fussy at the breast sometimes seems like she's forgotten how to suck?! She's now gone back to waking every hour and half / two hours and the only way to calm her Is to hold her. She's gone from being quite content to completely upset. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks x

OP’s posts: |
DtPeabodysLoosePants Tue 04-Jun-19 19:05:02

Yes, mine were the same. Calpol and boobs cluster feeding were what sorted all 3 of them. If calpol doesn't help or you are worried then contact your GP. Lots and lots of cuddles. Skin to skin if not wanting the breast perhaps. Their leg will hurt, they'll have a fever, be achey. Calpol and cuddles. And long walks in the pram which will help you both. Hope LO is better soon. The first ones are harsh all round but it gets easier. I'm a practice nurse and have vaccinated hundreds of babies and hated doing it even though it was for their protection.

baby3455666 Tue 04-Jun-19 20:03:08

I've just given her some Calpol now. She hasn't got a fever so I only gave to her on the day of the vaccinations but hopefully it will help. Thankyou!

OP’s posts: |
DtPeabodysLoosePants Tue 04-Jun-19 20:07:19

If it doesn't then seeing as it's been 4 days I'd take her to the gp just to get checked over. Often with a baby there's nothing too obvious that you can pinpoint so it's always worth having them checked by the GP and GPs always seem happy to do so, so please don't think you'll be wasting their time, you aren't. I hope you both get some sleep tonight thanks

AllFourOfThem Tue 04-Jun-19 20:19:42

Have you heard of the Wonder Weeks? It sounds prime time for development leap two (assuming your baby wasn’t very premature) and the behaviours fall in line with it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »