Talk

Advanced search

What's this rash?

(8 Posts)
SkydivingKittyCat Sun 02-Jun-19 17:48:56

Dribble rash or food reaction? I'm thinking the former as it largely covers the area his dummy sits, he's teething so is drool central but he's never had it before and its worst on his chin where his dummy doesn't make contact.

He has had egg today for the first time which is the what makes me question whether it's a food reaction. It's not his first tooth coming through and he's never had a dribble rash before. It also came up pretty suddenly, about 3-4 hours after eating the egg.

OP’s posts: |
loveyoutothemoon Sun 02-Jun-19 20:33:44

Sounds like it to me but you can't be too careful, check his trunk and see if it blanches.

moreismore Sun 02-Jun-19 20:36:09

I would think a food rash would come up quicker. Try some lanolin or barrier cream on it - if it’s a dribble rash that should help prevent it.

EAIOU Sun 02-Jun-19 20:37:49

Looks like a saliva rash. My little one sometimes gets it just between her check and neck a little.

SkydivingKittyCat Sun 02-Jun-19 21:19:15

Since it started its come up on his chest, arms and legs so that rules out saliva! Have spoken to a GP via 111 who thinks it's likely to be related to the egg and to see/speak to my GP in the morning as apparently will need a paeds referral because of vaccines and stuff.

Of course, nowhere is open to get any piriton or anything, none of my mum friends have any either but fortunately he seems fine currently and they're happy for me to monitor him until the morning

EAIOU Sun 02-Jun-19 22:24:28

My goodness! Poor little soul. Excuse the ignorance but what will that mean for vaccines?

SkydivingKittyCat Sun 02-Jun-19 22:31:41

They use eggs to culture vaccines so they have egg traces in them

SkydivingKittyCat Sun 02-Jun-19 22:32:46

Oops posted too soon.

I guess it'd mean vaccines have to be given in a monitored environment (hopefully) or not at all

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »