Talk

Advanced search

Muzzy head, dizzy and nauseous

(6 Posts)
joystir59 Sat 01-Jun-19 14:45:45

I have felt like the above for a couple of weeks now, why do you think is wrong? My blood pressure is high end of normal and my weight is high end of normal. I have steadily been losing weight since Christmas (3.5 stone lost, down to 12st 4lb from 14st 9lb) through portion control. I have had a new cleaning job the last two months and weight loss has speeded up as I struggle to eat enough calories due to schedule, but I do eat more on days off. I don't feel weak with hunger, I eat a good varied diet but am thinking maybe I have high blood pressure and I don't understand why. Could it be chronic dehydration?

OP’s posts: |
joystir59 Sat 01-Jun-19 14:46:36

Sorry weight is now 11st 4lb, down from 14st 9lb

PenguinsRabbits Sun 02-Jun-19 13:05:41

I would go to see your GP and they may well run some blood tests. It could just be dehydration making you dizzy or issues from a very rapid weight loss. Might just be you need to drink a bit more and rest but best to get checked out properly.

Tartyflette Sun 02-Jun-19 13:07:57

Could also be an inner ear infection, they can hang around for a few weeks. But definitely worth seeing the doctor.

Tartyflette Sun 02-Jun-19 13:10:09

And congratulations on the weight loss, that's v.inspiring.
( Weight loss can also help bring high BP down. )

joystir59 Sun 02-Jun-19 17:02:22

Thank you for suggestions, I'm going to see Dr on Tuesday so will see what they say

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »