Talk

Advanced search

Gallbladder removal

(3 Posts)
LydiaAmbrose1 Fri 31-May-19 18:58:05

Hi all, I’m due to have my gallbladder out soon and I was just wondering how long I have to avoid driving for afterwards? The doctors said I should be able to drive after two weeks if I feel able to do an emergency stop, but I’m wondering what people’s car insurance companies have said? I know it may vary from one insurer to the next, but just wondering what other people’s car insurers said and how long you have to wait after the op before they will cover you? I’ve also heard the op can cause abdominal swelling/ bloating. How long does this last? Thanks in advance

OP’s posts: |
stupidorparanoid Fri 31-May-19 19:32:55

That's very weird.. I had my gallbladder removed 10 years ago. I was never told that I could not drive after leaving hospital. I stayed in hospital for 2 days as I had just given birth and they wanted to make sure there was no complications.

LydiaAmbrose1 Sun 09-Jun-19 20:28:10

That’s strange, maybe it’s only recently that they’ve started telling people not to drive for a bit afterwards?! Think it’s just so you can safely perform an emergency stop

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »