Talk

Advanced search

Mole on head

(1 Post)
Betternotbebadnews Fri 31-May-19 18:36:14

I was taking photos of my head looking for grey hair and not a spot, that look like it was bleeding(but it wasn't). Various photos later revealed a mole. I haven't ever really inspected my scalp before so do not know if this is new or I have had it for a long time.

Quick dash to the skin clinic and £130 later, the doc said it is irregular and only presents with one of the five (ABCDE). The shape being irregular as if it is "bleeding". It is about 4mm. Although I think I tick at least 3 of the ABCDE. assymetry, border and colour. Evolving I don't know as haven't checked my scalp in the past.

He said I can take a wait and see approach or get it biopsied privately, which is just short of £500.

I haven't been able to get a GP appointment, and the wait for an "urgent" biopsy is 2 weeks.

I have a few moles on my body but none present with this "bleeding" edge. He says no one can tell by just looking at it.

So am not sure what to do. Does this look sinister to anyone?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »