Talk

Advanced search

Green sloppy messy poo!

(3 Posts)
TBFH Fri 31-May-19 01:02:47

My 5 months old daughter has had really dark green runny poos for the past month, to the point where I have to bath and change her nearly every time she has a poo as it's leaked out.

The only thing I can think is possibly causing it is having changed her formula from Aptamil to Kendamil Organic.

Does anyone have any similar issues?

OP’s posts: |
Butterfly98 Mon 03-Jun-19 10:39:56

Hi @TBFH it looks to me like your DD could have an allergy to something especially if it's only been happening since changing formula. You need to take her to GP as babies can get run down quickly if they're not absorbing nutrients due to diarrhoea which that clearly is. Apart from this how is she generally in herself, does she cry a lot or seem well, alert and happy day to day?

TBFH Mon 03-Jun-19 13:00:36

Thanks for your reply. I know it sounds daft now looking at that photo, but I wasn't sure if it was diarrhoea or just soft poo!

She is pretty happy and content to be honest. I've taken her to the doctors and they're going to test a sample to rule out any infection.

I think I'll wait for test results and then look to change the formula if it hasn't improved. I don't want to keep changing formula, particularly when the one she is on has no added nasties, but I don't think they'll be any other option.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »