Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cleft lip - any other parents with children with a cleft?

(3 Posts)
EmilyM Sat 21-Jul-07 19:16:24

Only joined today and already had some great advise. My son was born with a cleft lip and soft mucus palate and just wondered if there were any other parents that have children with clefts, it would be nice to chat to other parents about life with a cleft.

manamana Tue 24-Jul-07 20:00:05

Hi, just thougt I'd bump this for you and add a positive experience. My x-dh was born with a cleft lip and palate, had extensive surgery and I know he had a lot of problems feeding when he was a baby, but grew up to be a good-looking bloke with no major hang-ups etc. And he had his surgery in 70's and 80's, I should imagine things have moved on in leaps since then. Hope someone comes along with some more recent experience.

claireee Fri 18-Jul-08 20:17:30

HI THERE, HOW NICE IS IT TO MEET SOME ONE WHO HAS BEEN THROUGH SIMILAR EVENTS. MY SON WAS BORN WITH A UNILATERAL CLEFT LIP AND PALATE IN DEC 2005. HE HAS JUST HAD HIS FOURTH OPERATION. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHAT FURTHER FEEL FREE TO GET IN TOUCH. CLAIREEE

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now