Talk

Advanced search

Nausea and Perimenopause

(4 Posts)
Coffee2sugars Wed 22-May-19 19:13:16

Just looking for a little reassurance really. Let me start by saying my husband has had a vasectomy, I've had cervical ablation due to painful periods and my Dd was IVF so there is no chance I'm pregnant.

For the past few weeks I've had nausea on and off coming in waves, not every day but now and then. I also get the same feeling I do before I'm due on of shakiness and a bit dizzy (hormone related migraine without the pain apparently).

I haven't had a period now for 7 weeks and wanted to know if this is a symptom of perimenopause. I'm 45 so probably the right age I guess. I just don't want to waste the docs time if this is fairly normal.

Any ideas please what's going on?

OP’s posts: |
Ilovefriday Wed 22-May-19 19:41:53

I don't have any answers -sorry - but I am following with interest as I have similar symptoms. I've been feeling randomly sick/ unwell on and off for a couple of months and I wondering if it was menopause related. I am also starting to get night sweats and the odd hot flush.

MummaPI Wed 22-May-19 20:15:29

Me too, add in headaches and palpitations. I'm 43

swingofthings Thu 23-May-19 05:28:42

Yes similar symptoms I had when I was at the start of the perimenopause at 44. The nausea feelings was quite bad at times. This went off after about 6 months but replaced by a number other symptoms.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »