Talk

Advanced search

Painful lump behind ear

(6 Posts)
Crushedvelvetcouch Tue 21-May-19 22:50:09

I have a painful, tiny pea size but hard lump behind my right ear.
I've recently had a head cold/throat infection that effected my right tonsil. Is this a lymph node?
Has anybody else ever experienced this?
I have googled and am petrified I have lymphoma now....

OP’s posts: |
confuzzzzzled Wed 22-May-19 09:45:09

Definitely a lymph node! It’ll go down within a week, I get them behind my ears all the time when fighting an infection or cold off. Ignore dr. Google it’s definitely not lymphoma!!

Crushedvelvetcouch Wed 22-May-19 12:28:22

Thank you so much, its so reassuring to know that somebody else has experienced this too. I am suffering from health anxiety and going through a bad patch of this at the moment so any symptom sends me off to Dr Google.
I will try to leave it alone for a week.
Thanks again.

HeyJupiter Wed 22-May-19 18:26:20

I had an identical painful pea sized lump behind my ear last week after an identical cold/one sided sore throat. It’s shrunk massively over the last few days and no longer painful. Definitely a lymph node, so don’t you worry at all (oh and I’m also a fellow health anxiety sufferer so wanted to write and reassure you)

Crushedvelvetcouch Wed 22-May-19 18:35:53

Thank you HeyJupiter
I appreciate you letting me know that, its calmed me down quite a bit. smile
Nice to speak to a fellow HA sufferer too bloody awful isn't it?

HeyJupiter Wed 22-May-19 21:21:09

I’m glad you’re feeling a bit calmer, that’s great. Make sure you don’t prod it too much or it will stay swollen longer.

HA is relentless and exhausting. Just feels like one worry after another. Lymphoma definitely wouldn’t present as you’re describing so that’s one to strike off the list smile Hope you’re okay.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »