Talk

Advanced search

Unbearable Armpit Pain

(7 Posts)
VLCos Tue 21-May-19 22:15:16

Hello

I have had previous pain in my armpit like a dull ache and have had two Mammograms in the last 3 years as I found lumps each time I had the pain . Last Mammogram was Sept
This week the pain is back right now it's almost unbearable I am close to tears.
Much worse than before
I have also had a little pain in the shoulder blade and some throbbing in the nipple.

I cant feel anything . Today I have been lifting lots
I currently am trying to ease it with a warm compress.

Should I go back to doctors ? I am overweight so probably cant feel lymph nodes

OP’s posts: |
Moltenpink Tue 21-May-19 22:20:13

Yes go to the doctors, but have you checked your bra fits properly? I get this from time to time and a day without a bra normally helps.

VLCos Tue 21-May-19 22:23:49

Since I had this last time and a bad bout of inflamed ribs I only wear those thin material bras as I cant seem to feel comfortable in other types of bras

WhipMaWhopMaGate Tue 21-May-19 22:32:30

I take it your mammogram cleared you of anything sinister?

Your pain does sound to be linked to the lifting - especially if it isn't something you do much of as the muscles won't be used to it. Had you been lifting anything the last time?

I often find fibrous lumps around my body, but I have fibromyalgia and they are connected to that. If I do too much work - eg cleaning the bath, hoovering etc, I develop similar pain to what you describe. I deal with it by resting and applying deep freeze gel to the skin on the affected area, which is a numbing style painkiller.

After saying all this, I am not a doctor or any other kind of health care professional, I can only tell you what affects me, so if you have any concerns then yes, go back and see your gp.

VLCos Tue 21-May-19 22:38:11

Yes nothing sinister in the Mammogram . Although pain in this area always gets me worried of course .

I dont do much lifting. I did do zumba last week , had been working in a pre school with little ones so much more using muscles I dont normally use

No painkillers seem to touch it. I'll try the deep freeze gel thank you .

VLCos Wed 22-May-19 10:36:35

I've been to doctors she cant feel anything bit thinks there may be an infection so given me some antibiotics if it doesn't go then I have to return

WhipMaWhopMaGate Wed 22-May-19 11:24:21

Sounds like you're being looked after very well.So take care of yourself and rest that arm.

One thing I do which helps to prevent this happening - and I get it in most parts of me - is to do gentle stretching exercises. I found some online, and started with just 1-2 repetitions per day, then built up from there.
Maybe one you're fully recovered it might be something you could look at?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »