Talk

Advanced search

Large mole. Approx 1cm

(4 Posts)
MummyKSA Sun 19-May-19 20:52:51

Hi all. Just wondering if someone can help settle my mind? I've had a mole on a delicate area for as long as I can remember (I'm 27) I suffer with serious heath anxiety and yesterday out of nowhere, I just started worrying about it. I've google it a lot and obviously got the worst case scenario in my mind. It doesn't itch, doesn't bleeds, isn't crusty etc but it is quite large - about 1cm. I'm going out of my mind thinking well if it's always been like that then it's had a very long time to cause damage! Please someone settle my mind. I know you aren't doctors and I plan to visit my GP but I need to settle before I manage to get to the docs. Thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |
HildegardCrowe Sat 25-May-19 13:19:23

If it's been there unchanged for ages it's probably ok but of course you know we can't reassure you here. You need to get your GP to look at it. Honestly I work for a GP and we have loads of patients who come in about their moles. I have health anxiety too and it's horrible but the only way to reassure yourself is to get a professional opinion. And don't google, that way madness lies!

Boulezvous Sat 25-May-19 13:22:16

Usually you only need to worry about ones that change in shaper colour, become irregular, itch or bleed. But go to the GP if you need reassurance.

avocadochocolate Mon 27-May-19 13:04:40

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/moles/

There is a 'mole checker' questionnaire thingy here. This will help you decide.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »