Talk

Advanced search

Tired and glandy - menopause or something else?

(5 Posts)
GraceMarks Sun 19-May-19 17:02:52

I'm perimenopausal and recently I've been feeling just absolutely exhausted. It's first thing when I wake up, which makes it hard to get out of bed, but I rally a bit when I've got dressed. Then it hits again mis-afternoon for the rest of the day. I also feel permanently 'glandy' - you know what I mean, neck feeling like it's swollen and a bit of a sore throat, like the onset of a cold but it never develops into one.

Is this a known menopause thing? I can't find anything about it online and I'm reluctant to go to my GP unless there's actually something wrong. I've been quite a lot this year and I don't want to get a reputation for hypochondria...

OP’s posts: |
avocadochocolate Sun 19-May-19 19:23:24

ME?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-cfs/diagnosis/

Her0utdoors Sun 19-May-19 19:29:05

Hay fever? Are you going to bed sober and not eating loads of sugary or fatty foods before bed? Doing that always helps me feel better when I wake up. As does giving the bedroom a good dust, especially under the bed.

GraceMarks Sun 19-May-19 22:05:38

I don't drink. I tend to eat early so I don't have anything about three hours before I go to bed. I do suffer from hayfever, but would that or dust allergies make me so knackered in the afternoon?

GraceMarks Sun 19-May-19 22:07:19

I do have a lot of the symptoms of ME actually, but I don't think I would qualify as being tired enough.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »