Talk

Advanced search

Arthritis?

(2 Posts)
lyssie29 Sun 19-May-19 14:29:24

Lately I've been getting a pain in my finger for little to no reason. Even if I just say tap it on the table for example I get a shooting stabbing sort of pain right in the bones. I hit it a little bit harder on the wall by accident and it also started tingling and hurt everytime I moved it. Today I've also noticed my hand is aching alot more. I haven't banged it on anything to make it hurt like this. Do you think it could be a bit of arthritis? I don't feel like it's painful enough to go to doctors but just curious as to what it could be.

OP’s posts: |
GraceMarks Sun 19-May-19 17:16:12

I have pains like that in my foot, and was told by a podiatrist that it was arthritis. But you'd need to have it checked out properly, and I'm sure there are other things it could be. Gout is a possibility, or tenosynovitis. Is it your dominant hand, and do you have a job or hobby which involves repetitive movements? Is there any blanching of the skin?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »