Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

need help with web stuff

(4 Posts)
Jigyasa Thu 19-Jul-07 17:11:46

Hi Everyone!

I'm quite new to this web stuff (so please be gentle). Just came across this site through google and enjoying reading the posts and comments. I've been reading blogs and was interested in starting my own, is it easy to start a blog? Where should i start?

On another note, i need some help with another little problem. My oldest son, 20, was injured while working at a warehouse. Basically he tripped on some wire on the floor and broke his ankle. He's been off work for the last 2 weeks and doctor said he could be off for upto another 8-10 weeks. Anyone been in a similar situation? How long do these kind of things last?

I've been searching on Google (is that the best place?) to find one of these injury companies to help him get compensation but can't seem to find anything. Can anyone tell me what to type in Google?

Thanks again for your help.

Whizzz Thu 19-Jul-07 17:21:01

Be very careful....I'd steer well clear of the no win no fee types as they end up with more money than the injured party. Look for a solicitor rather then these companies.

Any solicitor will need to prove that the company was negligent & the negligence resulted in the injury - ie they knew about the wire on the floor & didn;t do anything about it or lighting was bad & the hazard couldnt be seen .
Their defence is likely to be something along the lines that your son would be expected to look where he was walking (sorry, but am being devils advocate). In terms of how long these things last, depends on whether the company wants to fight the case. In my experience cases can last 6m to a couple of years

Whizzz Thu 19-Jul-07 17:21:39

PS : am not a solicitor, but I am an ex H&S manager )

lulumama Thu 19-Jul-07 17:22:31

he should see the CAB

they can advise of reputable solicitors , some do a legitimate no win no fee service

the big companies you see on the TV are not always the best ones to use

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: