Talk

Advanced search

NBR but can anyone help me please?

(3 Posts)
x3jessicarabbit Fri 17-May-19 18:41:01

I was wondering if anyone can help me with some feedback/advise please?

I was 24 at the time and healthily small girl.
I was diagnosed with gallstones at the end of April last year. It was horrendous! I kept getting terrible attacks all the time no matter what I ate etc. To the point I was throwing up, passing out and rolling around on the floor in agony! I went to a&e and was admitted for just under 2 weeks having all the scans etc. They sent me home with a carrier bag full of meds. I went home followed diet and medicine institutions and still no good I was getting worse. I ended up in a&e 3 more times over a week stays, same scans over and over. Again always sent home with meds. By this time I was such a low weight I wasn’t even safe to be taking the medicine as I was suffering worse and worse. I had a consultant appointment and he said I was on a waiting list for surgery but have it done ASAP by the summer last year, again sent home. In the end I got so bad I don’t even remember getting to the hospital my partner literally saved my life. Apparently I was puking all over him and passing out on him in a&e this in July. He phoned a ambulance for me (I honestly don’t remember anything of this) the ambulance took over a hour so he decided to rushed me in hospital himself. After loads of drugs the pain eased I stayed over a week in hospital again. Had all the same scans yet again. This time to be told 2 stones had got out of the gallbladder and got stuck next to my liver and pancreas and my liver was failing. I had surgery on the Friday to remove them then after being in such a bad way and my size etc I had my gallbladder removed on the Monday after July 24th.

Since this I luckily recovered well. Only thing doctors put this down to was the comprecetive pill. I stopped all medicine I was on and returned to a normal diet. Nearly a year on and I’m not suffering with unpleasant loo trips but only when I need to go but more regular. Also I keep getting upper adominal pain left center and right. Right side is strange pains like twinges but sharp. I’ve tried to sort my diet and figure out what foods cause pain or whatever but I’m honestly having no luck. I’ve been to the doctors had 2 lots of blood tests and all saying normal, which is obviously a good thing but I know this pain isn’t normal and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this or going though the same pains now?

Any advice/help will be appreciated.
Thank you!!

OP’s posts: |
sackrifice Fri 17-May-19 18:43:06

You need to go back to the doctor. And keep going back.

x3jessicarabbit Fri 17-May-19 18:52:54

I've been doing this and they say my bloods are normal and don't really seem bothered sad I'm not sure what I can do from here. I'm not sure if this is normal after removal but going back to just before Christmas time I wasn't experiencing this so I'm guessing these pains I'm getting now aren't normal but with "normal" blood test reads, I feel it's kinda left me in no mans land on what to do from here sad

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »