Talk

Advanced search

Red, sore armpits

(13 Posts)
Icecreambythesea Wed 15-May-19 19:20:26

Can anyone recommend a good antiperspirant for sensitive skin? I sweat quite a lot so I need to use a pretty strong one but brands like Mitchum really irritate my skin leaving me with sore armpits.

OP’s posts: |
LiliesAndChocolate Wed 15-May-19 20:09:52

I use Nivea rolls. And I use a bar of soaps, not a liquid shower gel.
I also no longer have hair and it makes a difference

Raera Wed 15-May-19 20:13:26

Mitchum also made me sore.
Sure roll on blue one works for me.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 15-May-19 20:19:42

Does it have to be an antiperspirant? Nuud is a very good and gentle deodorant.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 15-May-19 20:20:16

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 15-May-19 20:20:54

BusterGonad Thu 16-May-19 08:17:40

Dove for me.

Icecreambythesea Thu 16-May-19 19:43:31

Thank you all for your help. I will give Nivea and Dove a try to see if they agree with me. I've not come across Nuud before but it looks really interesting!

BusterGonad Fri 17-May-19 02:10:50

Have you tried treating your armpits with hydra cortisone or anti fungal? It could be a skin infection/or something that needs treating? When I had a fungal issue I used a crystal deodorant in black packaging from boots. I'll try to remember the name!

Monty27 Fri 17-May-19 02:30:24

Look at soaps especially if you shave.

BusterGonad Fri 17-May-19 02:51:48

This.
You dampen the crystal then swipe your freshly washed stinky bits (feet:armpits etc) with it.

thefirstmrsdewinter Fri 17-May-19 04:01:31

Op just in case you decide to try a 'natural' version, I got a rash like the one you describe from my favourite deodorant which contains baking soda. I instantly googled Nuud (no baking soda apparently) as I'm always looking for options.

Icecreambythesea Fri 17-May-19 21:18:39

@BusterGonad When I have a really bad attack I treat it with hydro cortisone for a few days until it goes away. I have dermititis and often suffer from eczema out breaks when I'm stressed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »