Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

im abit concerned about DD having the Chicken pox

(15 Posts)
Biglips Wed 18-Jul-07 22:04:44

as one spot on the bottom rim of her eye and she got a few on her bottom lip!! ive taken a look in her mouth but none down there! and a few around her private parts and one on her bits!

She came out last Sunday..still abit more coming out but most of it is scabs

Do i get her checked out??

Biglips Wed 18-Jul-07 22:36:11

bump

WigWamBam Wed 18-Jul-07 22:43:49

They're pretty normal places to have spots ... they get them everywhere.

Hope she feels better soon.

Biglips Wed 18-Jul-07 23:00:54

ok then as long she is ok

gomez Wed 18-Jul-07 23:06:10

If it is any consolation DS (who is only 9 months) has them all over his groin and indeed on the end of his willy, both eye lids and rims, really badly along his top lip, in his ears and in his bum -the wee scone is covered. His first spots started on Sunday too - new ones today were on his hands and legs so I am hoping that is him done. It is blardy awful.

Biglips Wed 18-Jul-07 23:07:51

oh...i meant to say that she got a few INSIDE on her bottom lip and ive checked insde her mouth but is ok

Biglips Wed 18-Jul-07 23:08:46

awww bless him gomez...

i think my cousin's DD got it too even though i havent seen my cousin for ages

slinkyjo Wed 18-Jul-07 23:11:03

my dd just had cp she had the all over her bits poor thing, its normal to get them on warm parts of the body, my ds has just started to get them today (sigh) and his first one was on his bum so i wouldn worry hope she gets well soon

BBBBasilisk Wed 18-Jul-07 23:11:37

poor thing - how does she seem?

If you are worried call NHS direct. If they are in her mouth ice lollies are good.

They all sound like normal places for the spot to be.

Greensleeves Wed 18-Jul-07 23:13:17

My ds1 has got it at the moment biglips, it's horrible isn't it?

He has got them in his eyes (especially the rims), throat, mouth, willy, up his bum, even one on the palm of his hand. DH counted 330 spots on him on day 2, and then he got a fresh crop on day 3!!!

Honestly, don't worry. As long as they are not infected (ie green and oozing) they will clea up fine. Are you doing oatmeal/bicarb baths and calamine lotion?

Biglips Wed 18-Jul-07 23:16:53

im using Calamine lotion for her head as its full of blisters and calamine cream on her body - i just slap on loads plus 2 baths a day....but no i DO want to get some oatmeal stuff from the health shop but i cant as im stuck in!!

Can i make it?

Biglips Wed 18-Jul-07 23:17:29

awww {{{{{{hugs}}}}} for all the LO's who got the poxs

gomez Wed 18-Jul-07 23:19:55

do you have any porridge? If so put some a sock/tights and dangle it under the tap as you run the bath - water should go cloudy - that helps. Make sure water isn't too warm. DD2 (who is 3) is just recovering and she told me that aloe vera gel felt lovely when I applied it for her.

Hope she feels better soon.

Biglips Wed 18-Jul-07 23:21:37

ooh thanks for the advice

and yes ive got porridge oats here..
ill do it tmrw morning

Greensleeves Wed 18-Jul-07 23:21:58

it's just porridge oats, nothing special....ready brek would probably do

I hate putting calamine lotion on because both of mine scream and say it stings but it does take the itch away so they can sleep.

It bloody horrible isn't it? I don't think little children should get ill, it's just not fair

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now