Talk

Advanced search

Worried about bleeding between periods

(5 Posts)
SausageSimon Sun 12-May-19 20:40:14

For months I was having an odd time where I'd wipe and find blood tinged discharge, I went to the doctors who gave me a blood test, ruled out all STD's or other infections, a scan (which showed one ovary was polycystic) and it came to where the final thing to do was a smear test.

But as I wasn't yet 25 the doctor said if they do a smear and send it off to the lab it'll be rejected because of my age so I couldn't have it done. I had to go private and thankfully everything was ok, and the doctor there said if it comes back ok just leave it,

Around 6 months on, I'm still having the odd bit of blood tinged discharge but tonight I've been in pain. It felt like period pains in terms of where it is but more of a stabbing pain than the usual dull ache. My period ended about 10 days ago so isn't due, and I've had blood tinged discharge 3 days in a row now. Not large amounts or anything but it's there. My womb area feels tender and has done on and off while this has been going on.

The reason I'm posting is to see if anyone else has had this happen to them? And whether you have any advice.

I'm planning on getting booked in at the doctors for another scan to see if anything has changed in that respect and will be able to ask them questions.
Such as would a scan and a smear pick up all types of possible cancers in that area?

OP’s posts: |
SausageSimon Sun 12-May-19 20:55:37

Bump!

ClariceBeansUncle Sun 12-May-19 21:06:37

Do you think it might be ovulation- related? Quite common for some women to bleed whilst ovulating. Would be around mid-cycle and might coincide with more copious slippery discharge

SausageSimon Sun 12-May-19 21:56:17

I have thought about it, I think it worries me as it's started out of the blue after 12 years of periods without having it at all during my cycle.
The pain and tender feeling worries me too, after the tests before I just accepted it was normal for me now but the pain from tonight has set me off worrying again

ClariceBeansUncle Sun 12-May-19 22:16:57

Ovulation can be painful which is why I was asking. But if you are worried you should go back to your GP

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »