Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone know of over the counter treatments that work for Psoriasis>>>;>

(16 Posts)
TenaLady Wed 18-Jul-07 15:19:14

Tried natural, even tried a cream (not prescribed for me) with hydracortisone and it doesnt seem to be working that well.

I wanna get me legs out !!!!!!!!

PinkChick Wed 18-Jul-07 15:24:50

i ahve heard on here that dead sea minerals/salt in bath form is meant to work?, havent triend it on dp yet tho?

TenaLady Wed 18-Jul-07 15:38:32

Hmm might be worth a shot.

TenaLady Wed 18-Jul-07 15:38:34

Hmm might be worth a shot.

BadKreacher Wed 18-Jul-07 21:07:29

best thing is is not to worry about it if you can. bah humbug to those who look. I've got largish patches on my legs at the mo. I keep them moisturised so they don't flake. The sun is the best thing for it really (if done sensibly!)

My scalp on the otherhand is driving me bonkers. I'm a permanent snow storm. Coconut oil works temporarily but its messy and a pain to get out. Can't use my steroid scalp solution cos I'm having eye surgery next week and I don't want to risk raising my intra-ocular eye pressure. I get really embarrassed at leaving flakes everywhere.

CarGirl Wed 18-Jul-07 21:10:03

dh looked into this and research says nothing really works that well and when you try new stuff it seems to help for a bit and then not work so well anymore.

Sunlight is actually the best thing so get your legs out and watch it go quicker?

He keeps his hair on a grade 1 and it's really improved especially in the summer when it is daylight longer.

ChorusLine Wed 18-Jul-07 21:12:47

I have been a sufferer for over 20 years and the best thing out there is the sun!

What are your reasons for not wanting to use prescription medication?

kid Wed 18-Jul-07 21:17:25

My sister drinks Aloe Vera juice. She gets it with cranberry in as she can't stand the taste overwise. She also uses New Era No. 2 Calcium Phosphate from Holland and Barratt.
She has suffered for years from psoriasis and tried many different treatments. She swears blind that this really works.

EmilyandLola Wed 18-Jul-07 21:30:01

I use baby oil to lift off the scales and moisturize like bugger...Also, I use the sun bed some times, not often, but I get a good blast every now and again and it helps.

I have it on my scalp and have steriod solutions which really hurt and sting, and tbh havent seen much improvement yet.

lionheart Wed 18-Jul-07 21:51:48

Have you tried M folia? Gingerbear suggested it in this thread here.

I tried it (have has psoriasis for years) and it really did work.

Thank you very much, Gingerbear.

meandmy Wed 18-Jul-07 21:57:33

i find if im feeling happy good about myself not stressed mine calms down,
boots do a dead sea minearls that smell like mint as otherwise it stinks.
have found botanics five minute conditioner soothes it on my scalp (has grapeseed oil in)
Mine is really up at the moment was supposed to have spray tan next week will be cancelling that!

dazzlincaz Wed 18-Jul-07 22:10:18

Thanks for linking to Gingerbear's post, Lionheart I have just ordered some for dh. His knees have been bad for ages and he won't go swimming because of being embarrassed about it. I have ordered the M folia cream and ointment and hope they do the trick! Thanks again.

lionheart Wed 18-Jul-07 23:52:39

Thanks to Gingerbear. Hope it works.

TenaLady Thu 19-Jul-07 13:41:59

Thanks for all the answers, I had to disappear, so only just picked them up.

Sun you say, right wheres that carribbean holiday brochure. Will try some of the other suggestions too

TenaLady Thu 19-Jul-07 13:44:50

Oh yes, Chorusline, just to answer your query, no real reason except that I cant stand bothering the doctor unless I am dying.

PinkMartini Thu 19-Jul-07 13:48:05

Hi TenaLady
I really sympathis I have this. Sun works but what I found worked really well was acupuncture. As I'm sure you know psoriasis is well documented to be stress related and acupuncture is such a relief/release.
But getting some sun and rest on hol also has the same effect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now