Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ds one red pupil in photo - concerned

(7 Posts)
mumsville Wed 18-Jul-07 13:12:54

Bit worried here and wondering if anyone knows about eyes in kids.

My mother has just taken a photo of ds (14 months) and to my horror it's come out with one red eye. I don't know how as he's not looking directly at the camera. Does that mean that his eyes are not aligned or does that mean there is something more wrong.

Anyone had this???????????????

I did take him to gp last week as a month ago (on holiday) he had a knock to the other eye - gp said nothing wrong but I'm now not so sure..

LittleLupin Wed 18-Jul-07 13:14:13

Isn't it more likely that the flash has bounced off the side of his eye? I have loads of pics with people with redeye who aren't looking at the camera

nogoes Wed 18-Jul-07 13:14:35

I thought that it was a problem if the photo showed one white eye? I may be wrong. Take the photo to an optician this afternoon and see what they say. Good luck.

mumsville Wed 18-Jul-07 13:28:28

Yep, optician it is. I think the fact that only one eye came out like that might mean that one eye is a bit out of line. agh

LittleLupin Wed 18-Jul-07 13:44:53

It could just mean the angle relative to teh flash, but I agree, optician is the best idea, hopefully they will reassure you

Bubbaloo Wed 18-Jul-07 13:48:18

I also thought it was a white eye which possibly showed a problem.
We've got lots of photos with me,dh and both our boys having a red eye in them.

tiredemma Wed 18-Jul-07 13:53:20

I had this problem with ds1- took him to drs to test his 'red reflex', but it turned out to be nothing - just camera angle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now