Talk

Advanced search

Can’t sleep the night before working week

(12 Posts)
HopeClearwater Thu 09-May-19 20:11:01

As the title says ... whichever day I start my working week, I can’t sleep properly the night before. Either I wake every hour or I’m aware all night that I’m asleep (IYSWIM). So I start every week incredibly tired.
I know this has become a self-fulfilling prophecy now, but what can I do about it? Any advice / experience welcome.

OP’s posts: |
bibbitybobbityyhat Thu 09-May-19 20:11:49

Same.

I think it's fine to take a sleeping tablet one night per week.

resipsa Thu 09-May-19 20:12:45

You and me both so watching with interest. I put it down to anxiety related to work itself and the need to wake/get up at 5.45 without waking everyone else in the house..,

octonoughtcake3 Thu 09-May-19 20:13:07

Herbal nightol. 20 mins after taking it you will be drooling.

Poundlandkate Thu 09-May-19 20:15:24

I do this when I'm on earlies and start at 5am. I can't get to sleep and then I'm worrying that I'm still awake and need to be up soon. Then I wake up multiple times. I'm hoping someone has the answer.

HopeClearwater Thu 09-May-19 20:21:49

I might try that nightol then, thanks. Hopefully it won’t leave me with the hangover feeling that other sleeping pills do.

octonoughtcake3 Thu 09-May-19 20:23:06

I was completely fine the next day.

HopeClearwater Thu 09-May-19 20:43:04

Great - I’ll definitely try it. Thank you

ladyflower23 Thu 09-May-19 22:07:27

I find sleep hypnosis apps good.

Bluesheep8 Fri 10-May-19 10:47:38

I'm the same op and have been for about 12 years. It started as part of a long period of anxiety caused by the job I was doing and has never gone away. I fall asleep with no problems but wake around 2:30 and cannot get back to sleep. Herbal remedies don't help as I think they are to help you to fall asleep in the first place and I have no problem with this. Watching with interest!

HopeClearwater Fri 10-May-19 18:24:27

I find sleep hypnosis apps good

This is also something I’m wondering about.

Bluesheep that’s my story too. I used to be anxious about the job but even though I’m not now, I’m left with this sleep issue.

hatemyhairhun Fri 10-May-19 23:40:20

I used to do this in one of my stressful previous roles. I don’t do this anymore in my current job!

I tried Nytol tablets but they actually didn’t help me, I was still wide awake and had to try v hard not to drift off at work the next day. I tried lots of other sleeping aids too, calming sprays, eye masks etc

I got really frustrated in the end, it’s a bit dramatic but I had night nurse on hand, so took a small amount to help me fall asleep. I never took it for more than 2 days, it ended up helping me to get in a better routine/reset my body clock.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »