Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really tired after period..........anyone else get this?

(8 Posts)
Ulysees Tue 17-Jul-07 23:25:20

I've noticed a pattern lately in that after my period I get so very tired. A friend reckons maybe I'm anemic? I eat meat but she said I may not be absorbing it properly?
Anyway have just taken a multi vit so will see if this helps? I need something as it's getting awful. I was wiped out the other day.

sallystrawberry Tue 17-Jul-07 23:29:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ulysees Tue 17-Jul-07 23:33:51

haha, hiya hun. Yes will do when I get back from hols, maybe all the meat I get over there will help me?

Off to bed now, night hun xx

TheDuchessOfFawkesBride Tue 17-Jul-07 23:54:01

I get anaemic post-period. If it's really bad I take Spatone for a week - the sachets of iron-rich mineral water, my midwife made me have them when I was pregnant as my iron was seriously low. They get my iron levels back up faster than tablets.

Or try taking an iron supplement with orange juice, the vitamin C helps to absorb the iron. I've also been told not to drink tea for an hour afterwards.

Chocolate also good

Ulysees Wed 18-Jul-07 09:40:33

Hi duchess, someone recommended those sachets last night so I'll get some now you have too. Thanks for the advice

Ulysees Wed 18-Jul-07 18:35:47

I got some sachets and some good multi vits so see how it goes? Still very tired today but hoping it'll improve

TheDuchessOfFawkesBride Wed 18-Jul-07 22:24:19

I bought some more Spatone today too - I haven't had them for ages and your post reminded me! Given how often I get anaemic I should probably have them on a permanent basis.

Shall we report back in a week and see if we feel any better?

Ulysees Thu 19-Jul-07 09:50:16

I'm going on holiday to Texas on Monday so will report back the beginning of August

Do you feel exhausted too Duchess? I feel wrung out again today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now