Talk

Advanced search

Why do i wheeze on waking?

(6 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Tue 07-May-19 09:20:54

Every morning for the last few weeks (maybe more) I've woken up with a wheeze. It only happens when I take a deep breath on getting out of bed and occasionally I notice it when lying down during the day or evening. But it's mostly only noticeable that one time as soon as I wake up in the morning. I also have a stuffy nose so could it be an allergy or asthma? I'm going to get some antihistamines today to see if it helps but would be interested to know if anyone else has had this and did you go to the Dr about it?

OP’s posts: |
OhWhatAPalaver Thu 09-May-19 22:56:48

Bumping just in case 🙂

Itscoldouthere Thu 09-May-19 23:01:53

Sounds like hay fever, try taking anitistermines, you need to take for a week or so to get the full effect.

gamerchick Thu 09-May-19 23:04:18

Dust mites. It's their poo we breathe in during the night and causes those symptoms.

There are ways to reduce it on the www if you have a Google.

Titsywoo Thu 09-May-19 23:07:18

Acid reflux is also a possibility

OhWhatAPalaver Fri 10-May-19 08:09:20

Thanks all, I've been taking the antihistamines for a couple of days and it seems to have reduced. My daughter has quite a bad dustmite allergy and is also allergic to grass pollen and I'm prone to reflux so could be any of those!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »