Talk

Advanced search

Bowel issues

(3 Posts)
Tripsytart Mon 06-May-19 18:01:39

Hi everyone . I have been passing hard lumpy stools and a few months ago my bowel seemed to completely stop working. Even with laxatives I struggled . Gp examined me and recommended stimulant and stool softeners for a month . Had to go back after a month as I am still having issues . I saw bright red blood on the toilet paper once only . I have A LOT of flatulence but can go for 4 days and just pass pebbles I have been referred to the hospital but I’m wondering if anyone else has had this TIA x

OP’s posts: |
NGC2017 Mon 06-May-19 18:09:23

I've been suffering bowel issues for the last few months. I was seen by a consultant who has ordered a sigmoidoscopy which I posted about earlier.
It sounds like a referral will be your next step.
I've never had blood, but am very concerned how much bowel movements have changed so much. I used to go daily. Now it's between 3 to 5 days

LarkDescending Tue 07-May-19 14:50:31

Any abdo pain? Hope your referral comes through soon as I know how stressful the waiting is. Be aware that bleeding can happen with benign disease (diverticular disease & IBD, as well as haemorrhoids) and not just malignancy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »