Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Teething tips - all ideas gratefully received!

(4 Posts)
Ceebee74 Tue 17-Jul-07 20:41:46

I know this subject has probably been done to death but I am too lazy to look through the archives

DS is 1 and is teething in a major way - already has 6 teeth through and they didn't really affect him in any way but this time - OMG!! Yesterday, all he did was cry, whinge and dribble - apart from when he was asleep. He has hardly eaten anything for the last 2 days either.

He was better today but still dribbling (it literally is like someone has switched on a tap in his mouth - call me a naive first-time mum but I hadn;t realised how much dribble there would be!)

The only thing that worked yesterday was calpol - tried powders which didn;t work, not interested in a teething ring - so what else can I try next time he is like this?

gingerninja Tue 17-Jul-07 20:45:40

Infant nurofen? sometimes seems to work better than calpol. Perhaps he's under the weather too which is making it worse than normal although I've heard that the molars are very painful, could it be them?

Ceebee74 Tue 17-Jul-07 20:51:13

Ginger - not sure as that would leave a gap if it was them - but then again, he got his top 2 teeth before his bottom ones which EVERYONE told me wasn't normal so who knows?

funnypeevesculiar Tue 17-Jul-07 20:55:00

fwiw, both of mine got molars before canines...dd is currently working on her canines!

Cold carrot to chew on? Ice cubes to crunch (dd's fav)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now