Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What have I done to my finger and can anything be done about it now?

(4 Posts)
Feedmenow Tue 17-Jul-07 19:14:08

About 4 months ago I had a rather heavy night out and fell over on the way home. next day I had badly cut and bruised knees, sore wrists and a painful middle finger on left hand. Knee injuries pretty understandable! Wrists and finger I thought I had landed on funny and bruised. Anyway, wrists healed fine over a couple of weeks but my finger is still painful. There was never any bruising or obvious swelling, but I really don't feel that it should still be painful 4 months on! I can't identify exactly when it hurts (I mean, it doesn't hurt when I type or hold the phone or any other every day task)but it "catches" at least a few times a day, and sometimes aches.
Could I have sustained a hairline fracture or something? Is it too late to try and get it sorted? It isn't the end of the world, but I really don't want a painful finger for the rest of my life!
P.S. Have been careful not to drink so much since!

nomdeplume Tue 17-Jul-07 19:15:53

You should go and get it looked at, but be aware that there is nothing they can actually do for a broken digit other than strap it to an unbroken one for support

Feedmenow Tue 17-Jul-07 19:17:42

Thanks nom. Do you think maybe I should just strap 2 together myself, or is it really best to get it looked at by someone who knows what they are talking about?

nomdeplume Tue 17-Jul-07 20:50:03

You could strap them together yourself, but that assumes that the what you have is a broken/fractured finger. You may have done something more serious (or less serious). It is hard to self-diagnose.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: