Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

GP says my 3 year old has flat feet and needs special insoles. Help

(3 Posts)
bosscat Tue 17-Jul-07 18:10:05

I noticed that occasionally ds2 has been limping and his ankles were turning in slightly. I took him to the GP who told me he had really flat feet and needed to wear shoes with special insoles. He said most good shoe shops offered a "flat feet service". do they really? Has anyone got any experience of this? Where should I go? I also have an appointment at the NHS in 8 weeks who can apparently prescribe me some but dh doesn't want to wait so asked me to ask MN.

can anyone help?

SweetyDarling Tue 17-Jul-07 18:25:55

Prob a good idea to see a podiatrist who can create customised orthotics to correct your DS's probs.

pistachio Tue 17-Jul-07 18:31:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: