Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mooncups? anyone heard of used them? womens period attachment thingys

(12 Posts)
sugar34plum Tue 17-Jul-07 15:25:57

just found these on boots website. dont know how to do links but boots then mooncups? Look a bit oh er missus to me! But my periods are frigging agony so was wondering if they ease pain at all?

JackieNo Tue 17-Jul-07 15:26:57

Do a search on here on 'mooncups' - lots of people on here use them, and many do seem to find them helpful in easing pain

Whizzz Tue 17-Jul-07 15:27:24

There are hundreds of Mooncup experts on here I'm sure one will be along shortly

IntergalacticWalrus Tue 17-Jul-07 15:29:12

There is a whole mooncup worshipping section on here

Embrace the mooncups!

(just make sure you swill it through first)

PotterCandles Tue 17-Jul-07 15:29:19

Definitely less discomfort with a Mooncup, also shorter periods. Search on here for mooncups - you'll be overwhelmed!

Give it a go (the mooncup, I m ean)!

dobbysayswoof Tue 17-Jul-07 15:31:58

Yup, do a search for mooncup.
I use one and it's v good.
Have read many comments from mners saying they have less painful/less heavy periods after a few months of using one. Wasn't an isssue for me so I can't comment personally.

They are also cheaper in the long run and kinder to the environment

sugar34plum Tue 17-Jul-07 15:34:59

blimey didnt expect response so soon. Def in favour of less pain although v paranoid the endometriosis cysts are back and surgery here i come!

i am assuming they are comfortable and safe? Have visions of this plastic funnel dropping out me draws?

Thankyou ladies

dobbysayswoof Tue 17-Jul-07 15:37:40

Yes more comfortable than tampons imo, once you get the hang of inserting properly (a little practice needed for me).

Roskva Tue 17-Jul-07 15:45:24

I've had my mooncup for 3 months. I have not had any period pain. And I used to spend half a day in bed dosed up with max strength painkillers.

harpsichordcuddler Tue 17-Jul-07 15:53:51

yep, they are marvellous. very comfortable and clean and you can wear them at night.
I am totally converted

Dumbledior Tue 17-Jul-07 15:57:29

Love mine. Periods not any less painful (not that they were bad anyway) and definitely not shorter (), but I still love it. Would not go back to tampons now.

TigerFeet Tue 17-Jul-07 16:00:07

Mooncups are very comfortable, although you may need to trim the stem somewhat so that it suits you (I have cut mine right off).

Some people take a while to get used to inserting/removing it but if you give it a chance you will get the hang of it within a couple of cycles.

They don't need to be changed as often, they don't dry your vagina out, they are environmetally far better, and cramps are not as severe.

I love mine, I will never go back to disposable sanitary wear, ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now